Chapter 10

i sobbed softly in her chest as i wrapped my arms around her back. she didn't question it as i let out my tears. she just let me.

after some time, i wiped my tears and leaned back from her arms.

"you're okay now?" valentina asks and i nodded in confirmation.

"i really needed that, thanks." i said softly, looking down.

"no need to thank me, taylor."

the bell rung and i then remembered that we were actually in the hallway. oh-

"well i have to head to class now." i mumbled.

"mhmm. see you soon."

-

i have never thought about my sexuality until now. do i like girls or boys? do i like both? do i like people? huh?

i know that i feel some kind of attraction towards valentina, but i'm not ready for something like...that yet, not when i need fixing. plus, no one would want a broken person like me and what if she hits me when i mess up? then that'd be messed up. I don't want to go through that again.

i've never crushed on someone before, because no one has actually spoke to me before nor have been nice to me where i can say that...is nice enough for me to say, yes to their personality.

valentina is just the person who always talks to me. it's been nearly a month since i've known her and she's been nothing but nice to me.

who knows? someone can change.

by the way...

who did father meet? who is this woman? have i seen her before? what if he was lying? but he seemed so genuine and sincere. but what if he was acting it out?

stop thinking negative and at least accept that he apologized, you ungrateful thing. my subconscious snapped at me.

i agreed with her.

at least he apologized...sincerely?

i just hope i can overcome everything and be at least someone who isn't seen as a poor thing.

momma always told me when i was smaller, "be who you are and don't let anyone look down on you."

its a surprise how i remember that.

-

short chapter♡︎