4

After getting refreshed from the bathroom and being done with everything, she was now heading for her obvious bed aka the leather couch in his room to sit on it, when all of a sudden that she gasped and panicked when she didn't see it anywhere.

"Where's the couch?" She twirled towards his fine masculine figure who roamed in the room while he was getting ready to leave.

"I sold it." A teasing smirk creased through his lips.

"Fine. Then, I'll sleep on the one in the lounge." She said and her tone seemed unknown to her feelings as if she doesn't wanted to talk to him but had to anyway.

"Why do you even have problem with me?" She stopped in her tracks when she heard him and held the door knob but didn't leave.

"You don't own me." She hustled annoyingly.

"Practically? I do own you. I paid for you. Remember?" He teased her in a playful manner whereas she took it seriously.

"Listen! That doesn't mean that I'll do whatever you'll say." She turned furiously while edging her teeth when she also blew her nostrils.

"Technically, you're not doing anything that I'm telling you to do. Except for accepting this that, you have nowhere else to go." He spoke in a very casual manner when he shrugged as he felt really comfortable around her but she was being a total puzzle for him as if she doesn't wanted him to enter her space.

"I agreed to stay here with you, just because-" She tried her best to show herself as aggressive as she possibly could but he was right somehow when she literally had no one in her life except her nasty boyfriend who too left her.

"Just because of what thing, sweetheart?" He approached her when she stood frozen at her spot with her head low.

"I don't know." Her squeak came out as a whisper when she begun to whimper the next minute. "I just don't know."

"Sweetheart, everything will be fine." He gently held her by her forearms and she just cried silently. "Brandon left you for good."

"All of this time, I was being a mere toy to him."

"Just forget about him. I own you, babygirl. You're mine now and I'll take really good care of you. More than him. Can't you trust me?" His gaze was down at her when he expected few positive words from her but she simply shook her head.

"I don't know. I-" She sighed and wiped off her face when she gulped down her tears and simply walked towards the bathroom.

After giving him a silent treatment even the next whole day, when he still tried his best to stay stuck with her but duty calls as once again that he had to leave for another business meeting, yet after another tiring day, he went to his room and searched her out.

"Babygirl? Sweetheart, where are you?" He searched high and low in his room and after Mark told him that she was in the kitchen, he sighed and walked there afterwards. There he saw his girl in the same comfy clothes that he bought for her when he watched her little figure preparing some cup noodles for herself. "You sure like to do your work yourself, without any help."

"I was raised like that." Without sparing a glance to him that she fired those words and he simply sighed with a huff.

"You sure don't want me to help you in anything?" He got closer to her side and she alarmingly yet immediately parted her ways from him while shaking her head, when she went towards the table and sat herself down. Though, he doesn't had such kind of odd intentions for her but still she was being complicated to him. "Mark, get the table ready for dinner."

"Right, sir." The man went off.

"Sweetheart?" He tried holding her hand but she just snatched it away from him.

"I want my couch back in the room." She pouted a little like a child when she requested him lowly.

"Alright, sweetheart. You'll have it again tomorrow morning. Anything else?" He smiled while complying her little wish and she just stared him with another sigh.

"Why are you being so nice to me? I'm nothing but a waste of time and also a useless existence to this world. No one loves me for real." She now played a little with the noodles that wrapped the fork between her beautiful tan hands as she had her eyes focused over her food.

"You are special to me, sweetheart. You mean to me a lot!" He was hurt to hear that sad tone once again.

"You're just wasting your time."

"No, my princess!" He placed his hand above hers. "Your existence means to me a lot. Why don't you understand this thing?"

She smiled a little while seeing his hand above the back of her own when tears again generated in her eyes as she couldn't decide whether she should move on and love again? Or still stayed captured in the black hole of her previous life, when she sighed repeatedly and nervously finished her food.

"Th-Thank you." She suddenly said without lifting her eyes at him.

"I'm here for you. I won't leave you."

"All men say the same thing but they always do the opposite." She scoffed sadly and he just sighed over her words.

"I'm not like those men. I'm different."

"What made you think that you're different from them?"

"Eat first! Have your meal in peace. We will talk later." He ordered in his strict tone and they ate peacefully afterwards.

_________

Tbc