5

She thought that she could give him a chance but still she was being afraid for a reason when she thought that he'll be the same one like Brandon, but what forced to change her mind? That he hasn't still touched her nor tortured her the odd way. Even just a little. Yet according to her wish? A new and more luxurious couch was added to his room as now she was seated happily on it.

"So, you're Mr. Montagio?" She asked in her plain tone when she lifted her curious eyes at him as he sat over the bed when he giggled.

"My complete name is Drew Montagio. Mark calls me that." He replied in the most sweetest manner possible. "And you, sweetheart?" Strange to see that he still doesn't knew her name.

"Meredith Ashton." She formed a small smile over her pretty face.

"So, miss Ashton. Care to tell me few of your favourite things? So that I can get to know you more." His smile grew wider yet wilder when he didn't move his sight away from her and she cleared her throat when she shifted in her place with heavy nervousness.

"Um...I-Uh." She tried her best at avoiding that magnetic gaze but he still stubbornly stared her with many fantasies.

"Don't be nervous in front of me like that, princess. More than I own you? You owns me from the first place." He walked near her and sat beside her on the couch, when he gently held her hand. "Meredith? Sweetheart? Look at me, baby." After a long while that she gradually twirled her head towards him and he stared her. "I won't do anything to you until, you'll tell me yourself. I promise."

She doesn't said a single word when she broke the strong eye contact with him as she couldn't handle that close interaction with him. Her heart was thumping out of her ribcage and he could tell that, when he studied everything through her eyes. She nodded with a hard gulp when she lowered her gaze and blinked few times. He took her hand, softly pecked the back of it and simply made a stand, whereas she just stared him right there. Her heart was chasing out her emotions as she also felt a bit giddy but still she was afraid to love again, when her heart and mind beared enough in such a short time.

It was weekend today when he decided to spill the beans of joy with her as they talked about few random things here and there. He agreed towards the fact that she was being hesitant in talking to him since he was completely a new guy to her. With this, he got to know one thing for sure that she was afraid of meeting new people. The second thing he noticed that she wasn't talking much to him either, when he thought that he should find those topics that has her interest in them. It was strange for her to know the thing that she was actually interested in small modest ornaments and things as when he mentioned few of those things? Her small smile never forgets to cherish her beautiful face. Knowing this thing that her boyfriend made her feel like a leftover, he wished that he'll cherish her till his death.

"Um. Drew?"

"Yeah, babygirl." He was now standing in front of the big mirror while brushing his hair when after few minutes, he heard a sigh from her side as she also fiddled her fingers. "What is it, sweetheart?" He turned with a frown.

"Nothing."

"Babygirl, you want to go out somewhere?" He knelt down in her legs and her heart exploded with sweetness due to loads of attention that she was gaining from him lately.

"P-Please! Don't do this to me." She panted and his brows furrowed deeper.

"W-What? Sweetheart-"

"Stop giving me attention!!" She hurled while forming tiny fists and shut her eyes as she couldn't directly look through his eyes. She was simply afraid to fall for a guy once again.

"I can't stop giving you any attention, sweetheart. It's impossible for me to do that thing."

"Than, throw me away! Because, I'm afraid to fall in love again. I can't do this, Drew." She breathed heavily while falling her head and cried for a long while when he lifted her chin and made her look in his dominating orbs. "It's just so hard for me to do that."

"I can't throw my treasure like that." He looked straight in her teary eyes.

"Stop making me feel like that. Stop making me feel like....like....I can be ever cherished by someone, when I don't want to be treated that way. I want to die. Maybe, that's how? I'll gain my peace." Her croaking vocals were like sharp knives attacking his heart when he gave a mild stroke to each of her wet cheek. "Whenever everytime I've loved someone? They goes away from me. They left me! I can't bear this. I don't want to be loved anymore nor do I want to love anyone."

"Don't say that, sweetheart." He still couldn't mention this thing that he love her madly or else she'll go away, he had to handle her with a lot of care since currently she was feeling so lonely and heartbroken, and he couldn't just push her to break any limits when he tried to gain her trust first. "I know you're awful right now. But please, Meredith. Know this that I'll always be here for you. Please. Stop considering yourself a lonely person."

"One day? You'll leave too."

"I won't! I will never. Only death would be able to fall us apart, but not this world. Meredith, I didn't really just buy you? Paid for you? I.....I...” He paused when he realized that he was about to confess it to her as he doesn't wanted to make things even more worse for her, whereas she just stared him.

"You like me. Don't you?" It was obvious for her to know this thing when she caught the nervousness that ruled his face when he was talking to her now. "But, you're wasting your time. I'm nothing but just a mere trash to this world."

"Everyone isn't the same, sweetheart. We all have our own different existence." He explained very sweetly while taking her hand but she took it back when she exhaled and made it sink in her lap.

"I don't know." She said being really unknown to anything happening around.

"You know what, princess? You need some time with yourself. Everything happened so suddenly that you didn't even had any time to hold yourself."

"I guess, you're right." She sighed once again while squealing her shoulder as she went thoughtful after his words.

"But remember this that....I'll be here for you. Everytime." He gently pecked her hand and smiled when she just stared him with hollow eyes.

________

Tbc