18

"I'll try my best to end up everything and return soon. Until then? You'll be staying at my cousin's place, sweetheart." While driving carefully with a long lasting smile settling his face along with an enchanting feeling chasing his heart, he told.

"Alright." She chuckled over the sweetness that he was washing her with, when she later held his hand and he immediately pecked the soft skin of hers.

"And one more thing. Don't call Mike and try to find comfort in him behind my back. Okay? I'm serious about this." He really was serious when he used a hard tone while talking with her at this moment.

"Why would I even do that? You have become my most profounding comfort now, Drew. You can trust me. I won't let you down, now that you've loved me so much."

"Sweetheart, I trust you. But, I don't trust the world." He sounded worried for a reason. "Just be careful. Okay?"

"I didn't expect trust issues from you." Her smile was chalant when she stared him and mentioned that thing.

"Sweetheart, I told you earlier that it's normal for everyone to have them." He talked so politely while also driving carefully to his cousin's location.

"I don't know, Drew. What if, your cousin won't like me?" Her sigh was catchy for him.

"Relax. She's such a nice person." He ended his conversation with a smile and after the car stopped in front of another big bungalow, he escaped the ride and told her to do the same thing. "Come on."

"H-How do I look? Do I look fine? I'll be meeting her first time." She hustled with her hands over herself as she was obviously nervous to meet his cousin when now that they stood in front of the main door.

"Princess, just relax." He circled his arm around her waist and pulled her closer to himself.

"Drew, I'm serious! Just tell me, how do I look?"

"You look mine." Her heart stopped all of a sudden after listening those words as she simply went speechless towards such high amount of love that she has received from him up till now, when they froze at the moment while intently staring deep in each other's eyes. Her cheeks went pure red when she shyly lowered her face while madly blushing and he later proceeded towards the front entering after placing a peck over her head as he whispered in her face afterwards. "You look beautiful, babygirl. Just relax. Okay? Or else, I'll literally shower you with kisses right now. Just to make that blush stay over your pretty face."

After few rings of the doorbell at the main entrance, a female opened the door and smiled widely after having her long awaited cousin at her place.

"Drew?! Oh my god!"

"Clara." He also smiled while straight going for a warm hug in her arms whereas his own girl stood quiet with a pleasing humble smile. "Clara, I need a huge favor from you, right now."

"Everything's next!! But first? You got yourself a girl? Oh my mama. She's pretty!" Her cheering voice yet attitude was so healing for Meredith to accept but still that Meredith partially hid behind his huge back.

"Clara, you're scaring her! Stop your goofiness."

"Fine. Fine. I was just so excited when you told me everything." She jumped at her spot being way more excited that she should be but sighed afterwards with an upset feeling. "Your dad never lets you breath for a minute."

"You know him already. Anyways. I'm leaving. Please take good care of my girl. I'm trusting you with her."

"No. I'll eat her out." His naughty cousin teased him for sure.

"Shut up!" He bursted a little at her and she just laughed out. "Please, Clara."

"Okay. Okay. I'll take care of your girl."

He turned towards his girl who was already feeling nervous and scared when he gently held her face and protectively placed a sweet peck on her forehead. He felt her hands going cold when she placed them over his wrist as she nodded slowly. "Just don't worry, sweetheart. I'll be back soon. Clara will take good care of you, Meredith. Just don't worry."

"Mhmm. Right, Drew. You too be careful. I'll call you." Her beautiful smile was everything to him.

"Sure, sweetheart. I will be."

Her hand gave a mild caress to his face and she shared one last soulful kiss in his lips as after few minutes, he pulled apart and left with a heavy heart.

_________

Tbc