21

After a peaceful yet a bit tensed night, he was now working as usual. It's been a week that he came here in Florida and still didn't manage to take some time to talk with his girl since during past couple of days, he has been stuck in few other business meetings. His father was trying his very best at co-operating with the burden of work over his son's shoulders when Drew was becoming way more stressed out of these things and wished that he never approved his father's wish of going to Florida. His father was planning at making that girl Meredith to leave his son herself when he thought that maybe taking such kind of heavy ignorance yet avoidance will make her lose him when Drew was really ignoring her calls and text messages, while dealing with everything related to business. On the other hand, Hailey was also prospering to have her hands over this billionaire who was seeming so stressed these days as she did make her moves on him, at making him fall into her emotional love traps while trying to enter his heart.

"What happened, Meredith? Are you okay?" Clara sat besides her on the couch when she looked towards another woman and observed that horrifying tingle in her eyes.

"Clara." Meredith held her hands and pleaded ahead with worry evident in her orbs. "He's avoiding me. I'm so tensed, Clara. Have I done something wrong?"

"No, sweetheart. Why are you thinking like that?" She tried comforting her when she held her hands tighter. "He's not a man who'll lose his favourite thing like that. Meredith, I've never seen him this much happier before. He really loves you."

"Than, why he's not picking up my calls and answering my texts?"

"He must be busy in few errands."

"He did....mention about his father already having a girl for him." Her voice lowered when Meredith’s spark went dim. "What if.....he had her by now?"

"You don't know his father, Meredith. He's surely a zillionaire and always have several mistresses treating him like a king. But, Drew isn't that kind of a man. You can trust him."

"I do trust him, Clara. But now? I'm feeling something odd. Something strange, as if something bad is about to happen." Her eyes were about to drain out those tears anytime.

"Don't think like that, Meredith! Trust him. He's already completely yours." Clara simply took her in a hug and tightened the embrace while rubbing her back. "Everything will be fine. Trust me. Trust the time."

"I don't know, Clara. I just hope everything gets better." Meredith did shed few tears in her chest.

On the other hand, he was really feeling a little strange as he wasn't really talking much when his mind was being a heavy blunder at the moment and he was constantly sighing while currently seated in the cafeteria which hushed with few people here and there. Until, one familiar woman approached him and he surely rolled his eyes irritatedly.

"What's wrong, Mr. Montagio? Aren't you feeling well, today? You also didn't actually focus on the meeting." She sat taking a chair near him and blurted in a concerning tone. "You can share it with me if something's bothering you."

"No, thanks. I don't want to. You may leave, Hailey." He replied rudely while clenching his jaw.

"You can tell me." She still budged him insistently.

"Didn't I make you clear, earlier? I'm taken! Leave me alone." He barked while sighing frustratingly when stress was blocking him from everywhere. "It's none of your business."

"Oh, yes it is. Is your babygirl avoiding you?" She did guess it correct.

"How do you know?" He surely went mad a little for a reason.

"It's simple and obvious. A guy acts frustrated and tense, whenever his girl avoids or ignores him without any reason. You are acting like that currently." Her tone was casual when she explained.

"You don't know her, Hailey. She's not like you." He glared her.

She purposely yet seductively grazed her finger over his triceps in order to make him feel loved but it went the opposite when he stood up and bursted upon her. "I can give you some adv-"

"I don't want anything from you, Hailey!! Just leave me alone! I'm already so frustrated. Don't make things worse for me even more." His chest heaved madly after that roar as later that he left the cafeteria.

Whereas on the other side? Things were about get worse for the time being. When she did call another guy who was her close friend.

"Hello. Mike?"

"Meredith?" Mike was surely confused as to why she called him, though Drew did make sure that she won't do that but she was feeling lonely and had to find a way to distract herself. "Meredith, what happened?"

"Mike, Drew is avoiding me from few days."

"He must have been busy." He tried to console her after that complaint.

"I don't know what to do, Mike."

"Meredith, have patience. He'll call you." Mike spoke with her very politely. "Please."

"Okay." She sighed depressingly. "I was worried. That's why I called you. I hope you didn't mind me."

"Why would I mind you, Meredith? We're best friends!" Mike cheered happily with a sweet chuckle. "Just take care. Okay? I'm sure, he'll call you soon."

"Hm. Goodbye, Mike. Thank you." She creased a small smile.

"Goodbye, Meredith." Mike's heart was booming so badly but still that he had to control himself, when he really did control himself from saying 'love you' for sure as after he hung up the call, he just sighed while thinking about another man. "Please, Drew. Pay attention to her. She's feeling so lonely. She's afraid."

___________

Tbc