Chapter 23: Her Protector

After that argument with Ryan, Alexa and Desmond. Kaufmen and Crowe relaxed in the park to cool their minds off. Alexa realised Desmond has fallen Asleep as She was starring at him.

( Poor guy, I shouldn't have not get him involved)

She went close and kissed his forehead as whispered underneath her breath.

Alexa: I love you. . .

She noticed how much time has passed and woke up Desmond by slowly caressing his hair again. After a few seconds, He slowly opened his eyes and looked at Lexi. Alexa gave a small smile and Desmond got up.

Desmond: I-Im sorry. I fell asleep while resting my head on you.

Alexa: Hey its okay, I understand you were really tired.

Desmond shook his head as Alexa was starring at him in his eyes.

Desmond: Lexi. . . I. . . . . I'm sorry.

Alexa: Sorry about what?

Desmond: For arguing with that Guy. . . I didn't like how he was troubling you.

Alexa: Its okay, Don't worry about it. I know you were trying to help me.

Desmond: But I must have made you. . alarmed.

Alexa gave a small smile and went near Desmond.

Alexa: No Desmond, You didn't scare me at all. I thank you for helping with him but I'm also sorry for getting you involved like that.

Desmond: Don't apologise. . . If you ever feel scared or someone is bothering you. I'll be there to help you, No matter how personal it is. I'm not letting them hurt you or bother you.

Alexa had a smile on her face and moved her aside and stared at him.

Alexa: Thank you so much, Desmond.

He nodded as Alexa went close to him and gave him a hug. Both of them were blushing and smiling as They broke the Hug and looked at eachother.

Desmond: Can I ask you something?

Alexa: Sure, Go ahead.

Desmond: I don't wanna bring it up too many times nor drop the mood. . . But who was that man?

He questioned, Alexa knew that question was gonna come up as She was quiet and looked at the ground.

Alexa: Desmond, . . . . He was just my boss's assistant.

Desmond: Your Boss's assistant?

Alexa: Yeah, But I heard that he was causing more trouble that My Boss had to fire him, He was desperate to get the job back but my boss never hired him again.

Lying was bad to do, But She was worried that It would break Desmond heart. . . But she doesn't know that this would break his heart too. Desmond nodded as He looked at Lexi and continued listening to her.

Alexa: His Name is Ryan. . . . . Ryan actually had a crush on me.

Desmond: Really? . . .

Alexa: Y-Yeah. But I never loved him back.

Desmond: . . Why though?

Alexa: Because. . . He goes to strip club every night, I seen him going there a few times when I pass by.

Deamond gritted his teeth in anger as Alexa continued to speak.

Alexa: And Sometimes he chases me and tells that He loves me even though I know he doesn't.