02. So close, yet so far

I woke up to hear the birds chirping

I don't know what to do now.

I don't have anywhere to go.

I don't have anyone to go to.

No one to miss me.

I don't have any money to purchase anything to quench the  hunger in my stomach.

Nothing to drink other than the dirty water systems but they won't do anything to help me.

I sat there for another few moments, dwelling on my current life situation, when someone spoke to me.

"Excuse me?" a deep, manly voice spoke to me.

"Uh, yes" I said, shyly. Where had all my courage and confidence gone?

"Are you by any chance, Georgia Monroe?" he questioned.

"Yes, that would be me. Is there a problem?" I spoke with more confidence in my voice.

"I am from social services, and there has been a case open for a number of years for a missing girl named Georgia. It was recently closed, but some people continued the search for you" he spoke.

"Ok. But what happens to me if I don't have any family?" I questioned him back.

"Well, we will be able to sort that out for you" he responded. His answer seemed to be automated, as though he knew I would have asked him.

"Alright then" I said, grabbing my bags and slinging them over my shoulders.

"Well, we better get on our way then"

---

"Name please?" the receptionist spoke in a bored manner.

"Georgia" I spoke, clearly.

"Full name" the receptionist said again.

"Georgia Alice Monroe" I spoke again, already annoyed at the tone the receptionist was using and the way she chewed her gum was annoying.

"What brings you here?" the receptionist, who I read that her name was Angeline, said.

"I was brought here by a man who said that he would help me find my real family" I spoke, trying to keep the anger out of my voice.

"Mhm. Take a seat and I'll call you when we are ready" the receptionist said, taking no notice of the look that I gave her.

"Thankyou" I grumbled, walking away.

That man had convinced me to come here to sit around while people like 'Angeline' talk to me like I'm nothing, which is basically true, but that is beside the point.

I never should have come to this stupid building to look for my stupid family.

They probably never even wanted me in the first place, that's why I ended up in the orphanage in the first place.