44. Worst Fear

- Axel Monroe - 

- Axel Monroe - 

Everything is fucked up at this point. Giovanni had passed out from his panic attack, and he was now getting medical attention.

But what hurt me the most was the fact that he couldn't even look any of us in the eye. It was like he didn't even trust us anymore.

And I could see why.

We didn't even see that he had been starving himself; we didn't even have the decency to tell our own father that our younger brother was abused.

I gripped at my hair, looking out the window of Giovanni's hospital room.

This was not how New Years Eve was supposed to be. My little brother was not supposed to be anorexic. He wasn't supposed to be starving.

"He was starving himself so that we would love him and for some reason, we just couldn't see that"

He was my little brother, and I was supposed to help him; save him.

But I was too preoccupied with everything else, that I couldn't even see that Gio needed me the most; Alessandro even more than he did anyone else.

We had all dropped everything for Georgia, yet we couldn't even help our own brother who had gone back into his state of depression.

"Things around here need to change. Gio, Leo, Damon, Diego, Georgia, and Matteo need to transfer. Its for the best"

"Ax?" a croaky voice caught my attention, as I nearly gave myself whiplash. My eyes looked towards my younger brother who was trying to sit up, but his arms were too weak.

I practically slammed my body into the side of the hospital bed, helping my little brother sit up properly. "You had me so worried" I muttered, wrapping my arms tightly around his shoulders.

When I noticed that he didn't hug me back, I pulled away, realizing that he was looking for everyone else.

Everyone else that couldn't be arsed to come; even Georgia.

"I know" I muttered, knowing exactly what he was thinking. This wasn't the first time that the two of us had been in this situation. "They didn't come, just like last time, and the time before that, and the time before that time" Gio muttered, sadness dripping through his tone.

"I know buddy" and before I knew it, Gio threw his arms around me, sobbing. Before I could register it, I had tears streaming down my own cheeks.

My little brother was in so much pain that no one could see it that they went so far as to not come back for him.

I felt Gio clenching and unclenching on the back of my shirt, as I clutched onto his frail body. It was like he was hugging me for the last time.

"I love you Ax" Gio mumbled before he went back to sobbing. "I love you too, Gio" I mumbled back.

When everything had calmed down in the room, the two of us sat in silence for a few moments. Just enjoying one another's company.