33. Coming Home

- Raphael Rossi - 

- Raphael Rossi - 

Alessandro had been shot.

I had let him down once again.

He was like the little brother I never had, because I was always playing the little brother role.

"Where is Alessandro?" I rushed out, trying to get up, but I was pushed back.

"Sir, we cannot let you see him until we have assessed your leg" one of the doctors pushed me back into the back of the car that I had been sitting in.

We had gotten about 15 miles away from the Russians base, which was apparently far enough so that we could all get treated for our battle wounds.

"Where is he?! I have every right to see him! He is my brother!" I heard someone shouting.

The voice sounded so familiar.

I hadn't heard that voice for the past 4 years.

The last time I had seen my parents, after they kicked me out because I had failed them, just as I had failed everyone else.

Abruptly, I was pulled up from my position, just as the doctor was about finished with strapping my bullet wound, a body pulled me into theirs.

I clutched onto the back of the persons shirt, letting the tears stream down my face, as we held onto eachother tightly.

"Theo" I chocked out.

"Raph, you need to take more care of yourself when you do this shit" Theo chuckled lightly.

"You know I can't resist"

"I know you can't. That's why you need me" Theo laughed.

I had really missed how Theo could laugh even in the most serious situations.

That's what tore the two of us apart.

I was serious while he was the clown, the jokester.

Anything but the family disappointment.

Failure.

"Come on, we are going home" Theo then put an arm underneath mine, allowing me to rest my weight on him, as we hobbled towards his car.

"Home"

---