38. After All

- Georgia Monroe - 

- Georgia Monroe - 

After the tears had stopped and I was no longer shaking did Alessandro consider me well enough to go back inside to finally meet the rest of the family.

The people who I had never met before.

I had been told that my father and uncle could potentially be here, but no one knew for sure, as they had been deemed 'missing' since they had appeared at our house in New York for a second time.

If I was to see my father again, I think I would try and listen to him.

Let him reason himself, as this time, I'm in a better headspace then what I was a few weeks ago when I last saw him.

But I don't know, if what Camille did to me inside before, was anything to go by now.

"Are you sure you want to go back inside?" Alessandro questioned me, just as we had made it to the front door.

The front door I had only walked in and out of in under 10 minutes.

Was I ready?

Probably not, but I must show my family that I am nothing like Camille had explained me to be like.

And my best friend whom I thought was dead, is standing inside, gathered alongside the rest of the Monroe family.

"I'm sure" I then clenched Alessandro's hand tightly within mine, reassuring him, but more myself.

So that I knew he was there by my side no matter what.

The doors then opened, allowing me to get a full view of everyone now staring at me once again.

Even after we had stepped back inside and the door had closed behind us, everyone continued to stare at the two of us, hand in hand.

More than likely staring at me, holding my eldest brother's hand tightly.

"I would like to formally introduce, Georgia Monroe; the once missing daughter of Francesco Monroe" Alessandro introduced.

What caught me by surprise though, was when everyone started clapping.

Why were they clapping?

I looked around, confused, letting my gaze linger on the people I knew the most and was familiar with, hoping for some sort of answer as to why everyone was clapping for me, after what had just happened a few minuets ago.

"Dinner will be in just under an hour" someone announced, which stopped everyone from clapping for a moment, before the chatter from before continued.

Once the attention was away from me, I tugged on Alessandro's blazer to grab his attention.

"Yes?" he questioned, turning his body so that he was facing me.

Not once since we had been in eachother embrace outside, had he let go of my hand.