35. Decision's

- Georgia Monroe - 

- Georgia Monroe - 

Tomorrow is supposed to be one of the greatest days of the month; Christmas.

I wasn't sure what Christmas was supposed to be like.

I had never been the one to experience what it feels like to be loved; to be cherished.

Especially not on Christmas day.

In the past 14 years of my life, I have never received a gift on Christmas Day, only a scar that reaches from the right top side of my ribcage to the bottom of my rib cage on the right hand side.

It was one of the things that my brothers didn't know about, as they had only mainly seen my back and front, not my side.

Dear Georgia,

Merry Christmas

Love Samantha and Ryan

p.s. We hope you love the pain

That morning, I had awoken to scorching pain on my ribcage, while letters were scattered on the floor beside where I had been left from the previous night.

The note was written in my own blood; by my own hand

I had been battered and bruised so badly, that I lost consciousness, while my foster parents continued to use my body before I was left to bleed.

Till I was left for dead.

I was only 6.

"Georgia?" someone brought me back to my senses, as I sat on the side-line of my brothers end of year football match.

It was Harriet.

We had decided to come as a group – well mainly just us girls – as all the boys were out playing.

Harry was the training partner for next season, alongside Thomas.

Carter was nowhere to be seen at the moment. He was only into soccer.

"Yeah?" I questioned, finally tearing my gaze away from the boys on the field.

"You zoned out of our whole conversation. You alright?" she questioned, reaching to put a hand on my forehead, but I flinched away.

Something I hadn't done in months.

I had learned to control flinching away from everyone's touches, but the past couple of weeks had made it worse.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just thinking" I responded, turning back to the field.

I didn't need them to know.

They didn't need to know how damaged I really was.

---

"Three cheers for the other team!! Hip Hip Hip, RAY, RAY, RAY"