40. Half-Siblings?

- Georgia Monroe - 

- Georgia Monroe - 

It was currently 1 am, and I was watching the credits of the 5th movie of the night roll onto the screen.

Not that I was watching with an intention to understand what was playing on the TV.

It was the day before New Year's Eve, and I hadn't seen Alessandro, Riccardo, or Ace since Christmas Day, when the incident at the party occurred.

When someone suspicious had turned up.

Everything was suspicious at this point.

No one was ever staying in the same spot for more than a few minutes, as if they were nervous about something or someone coming.

"What are you doing awake?" suddenly lights were flicked on, causing me to whip my head towards the 8 figures standing in the doorway of the living room.

"Umm, just couldn't sleep" I stuttered, rubbing my eyes at the newfound brightness in the room.

"Sure" Ace responded, coming, and stopping the movie that I wasn't really watching anymore.

The 8 figures, who I had now defined as Nick, Harvey, Raphael, Ace, Gabriele, Riccardo, and Alessandro along with another person I couldn't really remember.

I was sure I had met that person when I met Nickolas Creed, but I was unsure.

Everything was merging into one, these days.

"Aren't you going to bed?" Gabriele questioned when he realized I wasn't following them towards the staircases.

"I'm fine down here" I responded, lying back down on the couch.

"Come on George, time for bed" Alessandro called back, not bothering to glance back at me, too focused on discussing something with Riccardo and this other person who I don't remember.

Why did it feel as though he was forgetting about me?

"Ace, you'll tuck me in, right?" I questioned the retreating figure.

"I wish I could, but- "Ace started but I cut him off with saying "business calls, I understand. I'll leave you all to it"

I then ran off passed the figures that had stopped in the entrance hallway.

"Goodnight Georgia" Riccardo's voice called out to my retreating figure.

I didn't respond, hurt washing over my body.

I hadn't slept properly since Christmas night, and when they return, I get pushed to the side, just like I had always was.

Why does it feel like I had been expecting this all along?

I thought family was forever, but clearly it isn't.

Unless I am just reading too much into the situation, like I always do.