10. Family is stronger together

-Flashback -

-Flashback -

"Georgia, I have to go" I said as I tried to pry a crying and whining, 3-year-old, Georgia.

Georgia had become clingier to us, ever since school had started back for the year.

"Father!" I bellowed to my father.

"Alessandro!" my father, Francesco Monroe, entered the foyer.

"Georgia won't let go, and if I don't go now, the boys will be late to school" I said, trying to pry Georgia off of my school trousers.

Ever since I had gotten my license, I had been driving Ace and Axel with me to school.

Mom or Dad would take Elijah, Leo and Gio to school. Georgia wasn't old enough to go to school.

"Come here" my father said, picking Georgia up, which enhanced her cries even more.

She tried to reach out to me, but I had already turned my back.

I couldn't look at her, as I would want to caress her cheek, cradle her, make sure that she is ok.

I had to go, or I would be late.

-End of Flashback-

Who knew that a few days after that, when we were all busy, that Georgia would be taken by someone we had trusted our whole lives.

Ever since Georgia had come home, I hadn't had day or night where I hadn't had a flashback.

She's my everything.

She was the one that made me want to go home rather than to stay out late so that I didn't have to deal with the responsibility of my brothers because my parents didn't want to look after them.

My parents looked after my younger brothers to a certain degree, but after Georgia was born, they started to let us all go.

They left Ace and I up to the parenting role. 

But I have bigger issues to deal with today.

Someone stole our biggest shipment, that was supposed to go to our closest allies today.

I paced back and forth beside my window that looked over New York.

This was never supposed to fucking happen!

---