ℙ𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖

[0

[0.0]

-One Rainy Evening-

"This is where my life changed, for the better? I hope"

[Central Yokohama: Five Years Ago]

The rain drenched her hair as she shook hiding under the empty park bench. Wrists still raw from the shackles she was finally free from. All she could hear was the constant showering rain and her own heart beat thundering under her ribs. The thin rags she had been wearing didn't keep her protected from the weather at all, ripped in various places and lacking shoes. Eyes darting around at the people who walked past hoping and praying she wouldn't recognize any of them. 

The nineteen year old choked back a sob realizing the weight of her escape, she was most certainly a dead woman walking. Gripping the small first aid kit tightly she wished to find the comfort of the person who gave it to her. She held another bigger box she had been able to steal back from the belongings they had taken. Laying down against the cooled pavement she curled up into a ball holding the boxes against her chest tightly, trying to make herself smaller in an attempt to hide. 

"Are you okay miss?" A young mans voice asked just above her, with wide eyes she fumbled with the poorly sewn eyepatch to put it on properly. Pushing across the ground she slid a bit away from the young man, who was kneeling on the bench she was laying under, his curious yet worried gaze pinned on her. Staying silent she watched the man cautiously. He was holding a black umbrella, blond hair pulled back into a small ponytail, his glasses had small raindrops scattered across them that he had to keep wiping.

"I'm not going to hurt you" He put his hands up slightly, umbrella not covering his head properly anymore. Moving closer to her slowly he dropped to one knee in front of her cautious form on the sidewalk, his pants soaking up the water from the flooded pavement.

"You're bleeding" He points out concerned at the blood starting to leak into a puddle from her wrists, the rain drops spread out the line of blood melting into the rest of the water. She looks down at her wrist showing him she had yet to notice the wound. He sat down in front of her, a calm expression on his face she looks to be my age he observed.

"Do you need help?" He asks knowing the obvious answer but not wanting to scare her away.

"I-I um" Her voice croaked out quietly, she was violently shaking looking over his whole person trying to make sure he didn't have any weapons.

"L-let me help you" He spits out hurriedly, looking at her wide eye. She stayed silent as he stood up offering her his hand. Staring at his hand unsure It's not like he works for them she thought reaching up shakily placing her ice cold bloody hand into his warmer clean palm. He made sure to pull her up gently, she stood next to the slightly taller man wrapping her arms tightly around the boxes.