ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕆𝕟𝕖

[3

[3.11]

-The Hideout-

"I'm already controlling too much!"

[Katai's Apartment Complex: Sunset] 

The sunset was beautiful as always, yet Kunikida couldn't stand the pain that coiled in his chest. Atsushi and himself sat on the steps just by Katai's apartment, a silver pocket watch held in one of his hands.

Atsushi side eyed him wearily, not knowing how he could help this situation at all. Kunikida-san's friend of over a decade just died...I don't know if he can even handle it. His gaze slides down to the watch not to mention the person he is closest to is missing.

"Katai has always been a troublesome man" Kunikida spoke quietly, " I dragged him out of his room and made him join the Detective Agency, but he would just bring his own futon to the office and live there"

"His futon? You mean Yoshiko-san?" Atsushi clarifies the named futon.

"There is something I noticed about the footage we saw earlier" Kunikida's brow furrowed as he watched the horizon.

"What?" Atsushi sends him a curious look.

"The futon Katai was in when he got shot wasn't Yoshiko" Kunikida points out "Katai wouldn't use another futon without reason..."

"I suspect it was a bullet-proof futon— in other words, Katai isn't dead" Kunikida stands up with a silent sigh.

"But how would he have escaped that situation?" Atsushi leans forward staring at Kunikida.

"Thats the problem" Kunikida breathes "Someone deceived the Fyodor"

"So who saved Katai?"

Kida?  Y/n's voice from a few days ago resurfaced again Do we know anyone who wears a white hat? The man from the video popped into his head.

"Then there's Y/n as well" Kunikida continues, lifting the pocket watch up into the light.

"She went missing three—no, four days ago...without a trace on her way home"

Atsushi bit his bottom lip at the mention of the woman, he had pushed back her disappearance in his mind so he didn't think too hard about it.

"Any leads?" Atsushi whispers; Kunikida's thumb rubs across the thin wires attached to the watch.

"She kept saying someone was following her, a strange beeping in her room..." Kunikida's voice trails off "A man in a white hat"

Atsushi looks over at him with wide eyes, anxiety washing over him.

"You don't mean...?" He whispers tensely. Kunikida nods once with a soft frown.

"If we find Y/n..." Kunikida slips the watch back into his pocket "Then we find Fyodor"