ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕊𝕚𝕩

[3

[3.6] 

-A Disappearance- 

"Do you believe he trusts you completely?"

[Kunikida & Y/n's Apartment: Next Morning]

Kunikida sighed as he woke up, the blue of early morning drifting through his blinds. Sitting up he grunts wiping his face, the night before he was too upset to talk to Y/n. Standing up he does his normal routine down to the second, leaving his room he knocks loudly on her door heading to the kitchen. Taking out the two mugs he set them next to each other turning on the coffee maker and kettle.

Kunikida felt oddly cold this morning, his hands found the ceramic of his full coffee mug far hotter than usual. The kettle whistled, he flipped the top pouring it into her colorful mug, he stared at it silently. Why hasn't she come out yet? He thought to himself setting down his mug turning to look back at the hallway, her door still closed. Rolling his eyes he walks toward her door irately.

"You can cut the dramatics we still have—" Kunikida froze as his eyes scanned the empty room, her nightshirt from the day before still crumpled by her closet, covers untouched. No woman to be found.

"...work" He whispers, hand clenching her door knob. He takes a hesitant step into the room, it felt empty without her within it. Her fan creaked as it always did, yet the room had dropped several degrees.

"Did she stay with someone?" Kunikida mumbles frowning taking his phone out, he looks over the unanswered texts he had sent her.

"Yes...that's probably it" Kunikida's lips press into a thin line, remembering the last things he said before he sent her away.

"She will be at the office" He whispers to himself, ignoring the taunting tug in his chest. Heading back to the kitchen he grabs his apartment keys, pausing in his step at the tea he had made her which had gone cold. Shaking his head he walks towards the door leaving the apartment.

...

[Armed Detective Agency]

Kunikida enters the office as he usually does, opening the door he looks over the room before he realizes she isn't here either. His steps are slow as he makes his way over to his desk, the desk next to his empty.

"Atsushi" Kunikida addresses grabbing the weretigers attention. "I can take it Y/n didn't stay with you last night?" He asks tensely watching Atsushi shake his head confused.

"Was she not with you?" Atsushi and Kunikida made silent eye contact for a few minutes their minds running with possibilities.

"Kunikida-san" Ranpo's voice was full of an emotion they couldn't place, his hat covering his eyes. "Did she come home last night?" He asks, voice blank noticing the missing person at their desk arrangement.