ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

[1

[1.8]

- A Certain Truth-

"I suppose now isn't the time for my capabilities"

[Kunikida & Y/n's Apartment] 

Kunikida blinks his heavy eyelids a few times adjusting to the early morning sunlight, his slightly blurry vision took in his surroundings, the sheets were just over his hips now yet his arms weren't cold. Feeling something shift under his arm he looked down realizing he was not in his bed. Y/n was still sleeping her head against the pillow just under his chin. His arm was across her waist while hers was hanging slightly off his back over his side. Kunikida held his breath for a moment, processing the situation remembering last night and him coming in to talk with her. 

What if she thinks I...no that's not what this is! Kunikida mentally frets wondering what her reaction will be when waking up.

"Morning" Y/n mumbles quite unaffected by their closeness. Well that answers my question Kunikida thought sarcastically.

"Did you sleep well?" Y/n asks quietly rolling onto her back wiping her eyes, Kunikida felt compelled to keep his hand where it laid on her stomach but slowly removed it, the cold air slowly swallowing up the space around him now that she had moved.

"I slept...good" Kunikida answers for some reason feeling quite shy. His morning voice was deep and scratchy.

"I'm glad" She yawns smiling warmly afterwards. Stretching her arms getting a solid pop in return. She looks over at Kunikida with one eye squinted close a calm smile on her face, the sunlight haloed around her hair giving her a glow of sorts. Y/n tilted her head looking over his features in the full sunlight.

"Kida have I ever told you how pretty your eye's are?" Y/n whispers focused at his green-grey eyes that seemed glow in the white morning light.

"H-huh?" Kunikida stutters completely caught off guard by the random compliment.

"Well they are" She smiles at him laughing at his shocked expression. She's given me compliments before, why do they hold more weight today?

"Anyways" Y/n sighs standing up, Kunikida took notice of her only wearing one of his old black button ups, though for some reason it looked different to him this morning. She wears this every night to sleep so why am I... The blond shook his head blinking a few times at his hammering heart that rattled around in his chest.

"You okay Kida?" Her voice grabbed his attention as he looked up to see her standing up in front of him, her hair still fluffy and messy from sleeping.

"Yes" He answers hesitantly, making her narrow her one uncovered eye.

"Is it about last night? Please don't beat yourself up so much" She frowns a little at him ruffling his bangs lightly. Kunikida nods his head slowly, yes...this is about last night...definitely not the funny feeling that's making me stumble a little.