ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔼𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟

[2

[2.7]

-Connections

"He is probably scarred for life!" 

Kunikida watches the car with the office staff get picked up by the grape trees from John's ability. He was waiting for the right moment since he was cloaked in Tanizaki's ability. Raising his hand gun he takes a shot at Lovecraft who falls to the ground right after, Tanizaki's ability pixelating away exposing Kunikida. John turns around shocked after hearing his partners body hit the floor. Taking another shot aimed at John, Kunikida wastes no time trying to knock the enemy down, John brings up roots to block the bullet before he can get hit.

"Naomi run!" Tanizaki orders pulling at the rots around the car door they were crushed in.

"Brother!" Naomi yells happily smiling at her tense brother.

"A passenger train is passing by in a few minutes" Tanizaki informs cutting away at the branches to make more room for their escape. "I'll convince them to wait for just a moment, you need to jump on the train"

Helping the women out Tanizaki waves for them to run which they do, Naomi looking back a few times.

"Run! Don't look back!" He yells sending a worried glare at his sister.

...

John stood across from Kunikida who still had his gun drawn. The two blonds stare each other down.

"I thought this might happen" John sighs, the branches and vines protruding out of his neck made Kunikida feel a little nauseous. "My sources weren't reliable"

Given what I have seen of his ability, as soon as he connect with the woods he'll be able to manipulate the roots at the base of the hill and stop the train Kunikida thought to himself trying to figure out a way to catch the American off guard. I just have to make sure he doesn't touch any trees for five minutes so the staff can escape.

John shoots out a root at Kunikida who fire two bullets at it before it wraps around his wrist, the gun falling to the ground.

"Kunikida-san!" Tanizaki shouts worriedly from behind John.

"You just thought 'I'll win if I don't let him touch any trees while the two girls run away'" John deduced quite accurately making the blond stiffen. "You simplify your understanding far too much, your behavior becomes easy to read" He smiles pleasantly at the Agency detective.

"Indeed" Kunikida responds calmly, glasses glaring in the midday sun. "I'll have to write that in my notebook later"

"By the way, did you just have this thought?" Kunikida inquires "'Slap away his pistol and he'll have no means of attacking me'" He mirrors the other mans words. Kunikida reaches into his vest pocket pulling out a pre-written notebook page activating his ability. Green flashes by his hand while a hand gun materializes. Which he uses to shoot the root instantly breaking free from John's hold. Running forward before he can react Kunikida flips John over his back slamming into the ground forcefully. Kunikida points the gun at his forehead making the American clench his teeth angrily. The roots holding the car disappear causing the car to fall down almost hitting Tanizaki.