ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪

[3

[3.10] 

-To Disobey-

"I won't let anymore innocent people die"

[In The Truck]

"We just received word not to fight the Port Mafia" Atsushi points out in the high tension of the truck. "From our dying president"

Ranpo's lips press into a firm line with conflicting thoughts.

"Maybe we should look for a way to capture the gifted who controls the virus?" Atsushi brings up quietly.

"We already tried that" Ranpo combats, brows set. "The enemy is as crafty as can be—It will be impossible to uproot all of his meticulously prepared traps in time"

"Even for you?" Atsushi gives him a hopeful look. Ranpo frowns.

"I only say this because I would know" Ranpo mutters "That said, this is a blatant violation of orders."

"This?" Kunikida looks up at him, from where he sat against the truck wall.

"So, decide for yourselves whether you're participating or not" Ranpo's words drew an obvious line.

"Are you making us choose between fighting the Port Mafia or not?" Kunikida clarifies.

"Precisely" Ranpo confirms, "We don't have the time to think about it. If the Port Mafia finds out that our president is in a safe ability place, they will move to make threats"

"People will be taken hostage, employees family members, friends and loved ones" Ranpo's words strike a cord. "We already have one missing—we don't need more"

"If we don't hand over the president they will threaten to kill them one by one" Ranpo's seriousness wasn't normal for most of them so they felt intimidated.

"We only know how to protect people by hurting people" Tanizaki points out. The tension was high in the truck, weighing what they were willing to participate in.

"I will" Yosano offers standing next to the redhead. "I have a bone to pick with Mori-sensei...I'm sure he would be satisfied with such an ending"

"I'm afraid of that man" Kyouka admits blankly, "But if my knowledge of the Port Mafia can be useful to the Detective Agency, then I shall go as well"

...

[Central Yokohama: Two Years Ago]

Ranpo sat on the shaded bench next to Y/n who was on the phone with Kunikida about a case she went on earlier that week. A breeze moves Y/n's hair off her neck allowing Ranpo to see the indented scars that surround her throat. The turtleneck that usually covered them being pulled down by her other hand since it was quite warm outside, her focus still on the phone call. Ranpo looks over the many thin scars that coated her neck now that it was uncovered. The indented skin suggested that it was a dull injury caused over a large amount of time, in contrast to the thin deeper ones that seemed to be put there at random.