ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

[1

[1.7]

-Unforeseen Bullets-

"You've done the best you could"

[Armed Detective Agency Conference Room]

"At present, we have an unidentified criminal organization threatening to detonate a large bomb in a heavily populated area and launching a swear campaign against the Agency" Kunikida explains, Y/n sat next to Atsushi looking at her folded hands silently.

"Tell us more about the bomb" Yosano asks politely looking up at the stern blond.

"The perpetrator left behind a message, it reads: Greetings, I hope your agency is faring well. Forgive my impudence, but I have placed a bomb with the capability to cause mass destruction in a certain location here in Yokohama City. To secure the citizens safety, I request that you locate and disarm the bomb at your earliest convenience, you have until sundown. Respectfully the Azure Messenger" Kunikida finishes off noticing Y/n and Yosano's glares at the table after processing the words.

"Who could the Azure Messenger be?" Fukuzawa's deep voice questioned authoritatively.

"As of now...we don't have any leads" Kunikida responds looking towards the older male.

"It's all rigged so that if the bomb detonates, word of the Detective Agency's failure will spread like wildfire" Yosano sighs irately. "The Agency can weather sticks and stones but this type of attack would hit us hard"

"Not to mention the amount of lives that will be lost" Y/n says quietly her voice wavering a little in nerves looking at her hands. Atsushi notices her poorly done neck bandages sliding down to show the dark purple bruise with greenish yellow fading around it. Is she not gonna get Yosano-san to treat the wound? Atsushi thinks reaching up pulling the bandage up making her flinch slightly.

"Since yesterday the office staff has been searching for any possible locations but there are simply too many possibilities." Kirako informs them. Kenji rose his hand grabbing everyone's attention.

"Are we still unable to reach Ranpo-san?" Kenji asks making Y/n furrow her brows slightly at the absence of the energetic detective.

"The case in Kyushu is coming to a head it seems. I've requested he contact us as soon as the criminal is caught but..." Kirako informs nodding at the fourteen year old.

"Any further information from that taxi driver?" Fukuzawa's deep voice cuts in looking towards Kunikida.

As the meeting continued, Atsushi couldn't help but notice how Y/n had her head down the entire time, only nodding when necessary like a child in trouble. His gut twisted a little at the realization that she was being restricted some way.

...

[The Cafe: Later That Day]

Atsushi sat next to Y/n as she silently drank her tea, her eye fixated on the paper she had been writing on since the meeting. His yellow-violet eyes watched Kunikida nervously hearing Dazai complain about the blond sitting just behind him.