ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕋𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕆𝕟𝕖

[2

[2.10]

-Between The Lines- 

"Wait, so we don't have abilities in here?" 

[Kunikida & Y/n's Apartment: The Next Day, Mid Morning]

Y/n bit her lip as she let Kunikida bandage her back, there was a significant bruise on her waist and a large tear in her skin that kept bleeding.

"Ranpo-san requested you for a challenge he received" Kunikida informs carefully cleaning the open wound on her back.

"When is it?" She clenches her teeth as he laid down the gauze on top of it firmly because of the blood.

"This afternoon" Kunikida sent her an apologetic look. Y/n nods silently as he wraps a larger bandage around her whole abdomen.

"Now I look like that maniac" Y/n grunts making Kunikida crack a smile.

"At least you don't act like him" Kunikida stares at her deadpan for a moment "...all the time"

...

[Requested Meeting Place: That Afternoon]

Ranpo slows his pace for Y/n who was doing a great job at fooling everyone but him in hiding the pain of her back injury. Yosano walks on his other side looking over the rather fancy invitation.

"To think the Guild would send me a challenge invitation" Ranpo put his arms behind his head as he kept walking forward in the beautiful corridor. The vaulted ceiling made their words echo the tiniest bit, tall cathedral windows let in large stripes of bright light on the stone floor.

"This should keep my boredom at bay for a little" Ranpo smiles.

"I suspect it's a trap" Yosano frowns looking at the invitation skeptically.

"If it is, we will take care of it" Y/n responds, hands slipping into her coat pockets looking out the beautiful windows.

"I have two body guards today" Ranpo smirks making both women deadpan at him. Y/n shakes her head reaching over to pull down the front of his hat making him yelp. 

...

The three of them stare at the puzzle written on a piece of paper taped to a door.

"I think he wants you to fill in the blanks" Yosano looks at the missing letters in the message.

"Not that I have any idea" She sighs, hands on her hips. Y/n and Ranpo both lean closer to the paper reading over the sentences a few times. Ranpo lets out a small laugh pulling out his glasses before looking over at Y/n who rose a brow at his stare.

"Y/n, do you happen to have a pen?" Ranpo asks slipping his glasses on. Y/n nods reaching deep into her pocket pulling out a fountain pen. 

...