7

Play song at the top when told:)

TW: OVERDOSE IS MENTIONED IN THIS CHAPTER

We all walk in and see Victoria unconscious. Oh god, this is my fault. I look away, only because I can't see her like this. "Ace, I'm asking you one more time. How. Did this happen?" Papa broke the silence.

I look over at them. "Me and Victoria... we have been having some... issues?"

"Relationship issues?" I hate lying but I have to. For their sake. "Um yeah." The doctor walks in once again. "After a few tests and examinations, we came to the point where we all decided that it is best if somebody keeps a close watch on Victoria for at least two weeks based on what she did by splitting her wrist. We don't know if she may do it again so she has to be under close watch. There's a high chance that she's going to be in a suicidal mindset. I will give you guys two options: either leave Victoria here at the hospital for two weeks or allow a nurse to be in your house for the full two weeks. You guys can decide amongst yourself" I nod my head and so did Mama and Papa.

"I think having a nurse over is a great idea," mama said, crossing her arms. "no." I say. Papa indicates to the doctor to leave and so he does. I walk over to her and kiss her forehead.

"no I don't want any nurse or anybody over, and I definitely don't want Victoria staying here at this hospital. I'm going to keep an eye on her for the full two weeks 24 hours seven days a week." I confess.

"Son, what about the mafia? Who's gonna-"

"Dante. He'll do it for me for the 2 weeks."

"But-"

"I trust him, Papa." He rolls his eyes on that note. "Fine. Whatever. I and Anita are heading home. We'll be back in an hour. It's been a long night. Are you okay staying with her all by yourself?" I nod my head. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just make sure to call over more Guards for the time being." As mama and papa head out.

Mama stopped her tracks. "Is that why you and Victoria don't sleep in the same room?" I turn to face her. Gave her a little smile and nodded my head 'yes.'

***

Victoria still hasn't woken up yet. Doctors and nurses kept walking on to check up on her. I sat on the single chair the room had impatiently. Mama and Papa have decided to stay at home.

Mom can't see Victoria like this. Neither can I. A nurse came in for the hourly checking. Although I had this one question in my head. "Um nurse, if you don't mind me asking. Why is it that we have to have a close watch in Victoria?" I seriously just don't get it. "Well,  when it comes to suicidal patients-"

"she's not suicidal!" I cut her off. She jumps in fear. "R-right s-sir sorry..." I cross my arms as I wait for her to continue talking.

"Um. So... when it comes to this type of situation, we recommend a close watch only because they've done it once before they'll do it again."

Wait what-

"wait so you're saying she can do this again?" I jump out of my seat. "High change. What I recommend and what I've told my other patients. is surround her with people she loves as in if she has a daughter or a son or a niece or nephew, father, mother, etc" she smiles before walking out.

Huh.

People she loves. Can't be me.

I sit back down and click my sister's contact. I wait as the phone rings. "Hey, little bro" Mary's sweet voice says on the other line. God, I hate it when she calls me that. 'Little bro' ew.