22

OK but like this chapter is going to be short and super trash but trust me chapter 23 you guys will not expect the biggest plot twist ever:)

And in this chapter it jumps from pov to pov.

I start pacing back and forth as I wait for either the doctor or Darold. "Ace, just sit down, you have to stay a little calm." Her sweet-toned voice tells me

"I can't just calm down, I'm worried."

"We all are but for now I need you to sit down and relax." She tells me.

Victoria pats the empty seat next to her.

Indicating to me to sit next to her, and which I do. "It's been 3 hours since we got here, and you most likely didn't sleep on the flight back home. So why don't you sleep? Take a nap" Victoria's soothing voice whispers to me.

In hesitation, I debate whether I should.

I lean my head over onto her shoulder. Interwinding our fingers together.

I slightly look over to make sure Ace was sleeping

I slightly look over to make sure Ace was sleeping. And wow he just looks so peaceful. From there Darold came over in a rush. "Hey what's going on?" I whisper to him.

As for not wanting to wake up Ace. "Mary. She's fine doing amazing." He explains, bending down. "That's amazing."

"But the twins. They are weak. They don't even fit in the pre-mature state." Darold said. "Hey, everything will work out amazing, trust me," I whisper to him trying to reassure him.

He nods and heads over to Mary's room once again.

***

Ace's eyes slowly began to flutter open. He stretches his whole body while still sitting down. "How long was I out for?" He questions in a raspy voice.

"Almost 2 hours." "Wow? Really? Huh. How's Mary? And the babies? Any news?" He mumbles to me.

"Mary herself is doing absolutely amazing. On the other end, the twins are a little on the weak side. But yet again I was told that almost 1 hour ago." I explained to him, making him sigh.

"Is it okay if I head over to the bathroom?" I asked. "You don't have to ask me, my love, go ahead." he smiles.

I made my way over to the bathroom but that's when I noticed a sign. "Baby nursery" then an arrow.

Hesitating, but heading over.

The room was completely filled with newborn baby's. I press my hand in the glass, looking at the gorgeous and adorable babies.

"Which one is yours?" a lady around my age asked me coming up.

"Oh um neither of them," I say awkwardly.

"Oh? Sorry."

"It's fine."

fuck the things I would do to become a mom.