11^ Who Was The Target?

☆☆☆☆☆ ☆☆☆☆☆☆ ☆☆☆☆☆ ☆☆☆☆☆ ☆☆☆☆☆☆ ☆☆☆☆☆

I was on my way to drop Andy at the day care once again. It's been going this way for 9 months. How time flies... I told Julie yesterday I should start living on my own and allow her to have her peace but she broke down crying saying that she don't want me to leave just yet. Atlesst until she gets married one day,which is? Nobody knows. I got to the day care and dropped Andy off.

"Mommy will pick you up later okay little man?" I said and kissed his forehead before heading to the district.

The good thing about the day care, my work place and my residence is that the day care is 30 minutes from the house and my work place is 5 minutes away from the day care. So I don't need to stress about anything when it comes to Andy just sometimes I feel that someone is watching me and I don't know who... I'm probably just paranoid.

"Good morning Sarge Stella." I greeted. "Good morning sweetie." She said as I headed upstairs.

Did I mention Natalie and Andy are my official adopted children, but she still stays at the house she always stayed in since young. But I don't mind as long as she's happy and I don't want to be that adopted mommy who interferes in everything or over steps but when necessary I will place my foot down and get things done to discipline her though she is almost 19.

4 hours later.

Sarge came out of his office worried.

"Gunshots at Light Bright Star's Day care." He said.

I didn't still wait for any other information and ran out of the district and straight to my car. I drove off in a hurry to the day care with Sarge Saul them following not far behind. I pulled up in a matter of 2 minutes. All the teachers and kids were outside.

"Miss Cassidy where is Andy?" I asked. "Andy? Did you bring him in this morning? I was looking for him this morning? I asked everyone if you dropped him and they all said no but now you saying you did. Amanda did you give him to any of the other educators?" She asked. "Yes, I gave him to Mrs Kennedy." I said. "Amanda we fired Mrs Kennedy last week Thursday because she was a sex trafficker with her husband. She also sells children therefore we fired her." Miss Cassidy said.

She took him. My Andy is
G O N E. No this can't be happening... No no. No I refuse to believe she took my Andy. I ran into the building not caring if the shooters are still inside or on this premises.

"Andy?! Andy! Where are you baby boy?!" I shouted wanting to cry. "Mommy came to pick you up see... as promised... baby come out and we'll go for ice cream." I said.

I saw his bag laying in the corner by the reception. Was My Andy the next target? I picked up his bag and checked if everything was in there and immediately broke into tears.

"Amanda?" Sarge Sauls said. "She took him. She took my Andy. " I said. "We will find him." He said placing his hand on my shoulder. "Start finding clues I will take Amanda back to the district and come back down okay?" He said and walked out with me as I held my head down.

"I am so sorry this is happening right now Amanda but I promise we will find him no matter what now head back to the district and try tracking Kennedy's last location,because if you don't then I am going to have to send you home not as your uncle but as your boss and Sarge." He said and I nodded.

I headed to my car and sat there for a few minutes before shouting and placing my head on the steering wheel before heading back to the district.

"Hey Amanda did they get Andy?" Sarge Stella asked and I shook my head and headed up.

I headed straight to my table and started tracking down her last location which was Victoria Street. I called Sarge Saul and told him her last location.

Sarge- you staying at the prescient, you not coming down. I'm warning you Amanda, if you dare come down I will send you home and you off the case.

Me- Yes Sarge.

I was scared sh**less right now for his sake. After an hour I got a phone call from Sarge Saul.

Sarge- Head down to the hospital.

Was all he said before I was again on my feet and sped to the hospital.

"Can you show me where Doctor Julie is please?" I asked. "Right behind you ma'am." Receptionist said. "Ma'am please follow me..." She said utterly serious.

I've never seen Julie this serious unless it was important and right now I fear something bad happened to Andy.

"Doctor Julie please tell me his okay?" I said. "She sedated him for 30 minutes straight, we don't know if he'll ever wake up." She said once we reached the ward his in {ICU}. "However when he does wake up,you need to know that there might be some side effects because of the sedation he received." She said. "Do you think he will wake up?" I asked. "It's hard to say but I have faith in him." She said. "Can I go in?" I asked and she nodded. "Thanks." I said heading into the room.

"Hey baby boy... you scared me there. I'm sorry I didn't protect you." I said take a seat next to his sleeping figure. Phone rings [NATALIE💋].

Hello- ME

Is Andy really in hospital? - Nat

Yes I am currently with him - ME

Omw coming. -Nat

You don't need to sweetie.- ME.

I don't care Mom his my brother. I'm coming.- Nat.

Okay sweetie. - ME.

I'll be there soon.- Nat.

And believe you me she was here literally 5 minutes after that.

"What happened?" she asked. "One of the teachers were sex trafficking and selling kids so they fired her however I gave Andy to her this morning and I didn't even know they fired her. I'm so bad at this, I should have given him to his actual teacher." I said. "Mom it's not your fault. You didn't know and they never said anything. This is the best hospital you can find in Britain and they will make sure my brother is okay so don't blame yourself mom."She said. "Thank you sweetie. That made me feel so much better." I said and hugged her.

I look over at Andy and saw him wake up slowly.

"His waking up." I said happy. "I'll get the doctor." Nat said.

Julie came in not long after that and checked Andy's vitals.

"He will be okay. Actually his going to be great but we still going to keep him for observations." She said. "Thank you Julie." I said and she smiled at me before leaving.

Thank you for reading
Please Vote Comment
I love you all
Stay safe

Word count 1193