31^ Nightmares

It has been exactly two weeks since I was out of hospital and still I couldn't go to work as my doctor didn't give me clearance

It has been exactly two weeks since I was out of hospital and still I couldn't go to work as my doctor didn't give me clearance. Natalie didn't go to school today as she said; she does not feel well. Julie came in early this morning and is currently asleep in her room. Andy is by my uncle still. I think I should go get him.

I've been laying in bed since I came back and I still feel tired. Maybe I should go back to sleep. But I'm too afraid to close my eyes, because whenever I close my eyes I see Rico.

~~~~

I woke up early this morning with a text from Natalie

Thank you for telling uncle that I wasn't feeling up for the drive to his house.

No problem but I still think you should tell your mother.

Will do thank you Uncle Adam.

You welcome dear.

I reached the district shortly and went straight to Sarge's office.

"Can I help you?" He asked. "Uh...yes... Good morning Sarge. I would like if you know, the day Amanda gets back if we can be partners again?" I asked. "I thought I said yes at the hospital I think?" He said. "Oh okay, thanks Sarge." I said and left his office.

It's been three hours into work and everyone is quiet. Just a little bit of chit-chat here and there. I looked over at Amanda's desk and it was so dead and empty. She brought this district joy whenever she entered it. Andy was asleep in the Sarge's office. Phone Rings! Natalie

Hey Nat you okay? - Me

Uncle Adam there's something wrong with my mommy.- Nat

Okay I'm on my way. -Me

I grabbed my coat and ran downstairs to my car. I drove straight to Amanda's house with the sirens on. I pulled up in less then ten minutes. Phone Rings!

Sarge? -Me

Where did you run off to?- Sarge

Natalie phoned, said something is wrong with Amanda. Sorry I didn't inform you.- Me

Keep me updated. - Sarge

I went inside. "What's going on?" I asked. "She's been screaming in her sleep and doesn't want to wake up." Natalie said. "Okay." I said and walked to her room. She wasn't only screaming but she was busy fighting in her sleep and leaving marks on her arms. I rushed to her bed and held her wrists about her head. But damn she's strong. "Amanda wake up." I said tapping her face with one hand. "Hey, Amanda, come one wake up for me." I said. "Amanda." I said and she stirred in her sleep, slowly started opening her eyes. She looked at me. "Hey you safe, you are at home away from all the dangers, I promise." I said and she hugged me.

"He broke me Adam. I didn't... I didn't want him to hurt me, but he did." She said. "Rico?" I asked and she shook her head. "Who?" I asked. "Drake." She said and I just rubbed her back. "He impregnated me and I killed my own baby." She cried out. "Hey, hey look at me. You didn't kill your baby." I said. "Yes I did! I knew exactly what I was doing, and I knew the consequences. He raped me and I killed my child. I am a terrible person. And then Rico raped me and... And I don't want to go through what I did with Drake with him." She said. "Amanda are you pregnant?" I asked. "No. I dont want to feel scared because of them." She said. "We will do it together. I will help you okay?" I said and she nodded her head. "Thank you Adam." She said. "No need to thank me." I said.

"Mommy are you okay now?" Natalie asked and Amanda held out her hands for Natalie to come to her. I got up and went downstairs. "Hey Julie." I greeted. "Hey, what you doing here?" She asked. "Natalie phoned me. Amanda had a nightmare." I said. "Natalie struggled to get me awake." She said. "That tired huh?" I said. "You could say." She said. "I will leave now. Can you tell Nat she need to call me please?" I asked. "Sure." She said. "Thanks bye." I greeted and she nodded her head in response.

I got into my car and drove back to the district. "Adam my office now!" Sarge said as I entered. "First you leave without my permission. Second you don't tell me why you leave. Third you don't pick up your phone. Forth you come in here acting as if nothing happened. I need answers Mr Hernandez." He said. "Uh... Natalie called said something is wrong with Amanda, so I left immediately without informing you. Sorry. And when I got there I answered your call but when I went inside the house I didn't hear the phone as I was occupied with Amanda. She had a nightmare and Natalie couldn't wake her up." I said. "Oh, how is she now?" He asked. "Calmed I think. It's going to take her a while to get back to her oldself." I said and he nodded his head.

"Sarge, don't you think it's best if Amanda come stay with you?" I asked. "She will never do it. Amanda is not someone who just opens up her feelings to anyone. Especially family." He said. "And a therapist?" I asked. "You can try but I highly doubt that Amanda will accept." He said. "Okay, can I go now?" I asked. "Yep. I will brief you all in now on the new case we got two minutes ago." He said and I left his office.

While Amanda is still off at the home I am paired with Trent for now. Kim is still held downstairs, without being reported. Sarge wants to wait until Amanda comes back in before they decide what to do with her. I say she should rot in prison but then again it's my best friend's sister. This is really frustrating.

"Guys pay attention." Sarge said and everyone stopped what they were doing and listened to Sarge.

....

Sorry for the late update I just did not have the time to

1035