27^Hunting Sing Down

Back At The District

I took Nikki to the first interrogation room and Sarge took her husband to the second interrogation room.

"Nikki Sing Cole. Age 27." I read. "What am I here for?" She asked. "I don't know Nikki maybe because you ran when I got to your front door?" I said. "Why did you run Nikki?" I asked. "Because for the past few weeks police officers came knocking on my door and when Ronny said that there was a detective I thought you were going to arrest me." She said. "Why were police officers coming to your door?" I asked. "I haven't paid my fines that I received." She said. "Okay I'll have that covered if you work with me." I said. "What do you need me to do?" She asked. "When last did you hear from your brother?" I asked. "Five years ago." She said. "Okay, and he hasn't tried contacting you yet?" I asked. "He did a couple of days ago." She said. "Did you answer him?" I asked. "No I have avoided him. I have a 10 year old daughter I can't get involved with him. His an abusiver I can't have my daughter growing up around that! I can't!" She said.

"We need to find him Nikki and I need you to contact him." I said. "What about my daughter?" She asked. "I will ask an officer to pick him up." I said. "Okay. I will do it if my daughter comes in here safely." She said. "Fine what school?" I asked. "Merridale Primary." She said. "Give me ten minutes." I said. "I ain't going anywhere." She said. "Good." I said and headed to get her daughter at the school.

To say the least her daughter was so terrified to get into the car but she came with me nonetheless. Let's hope that Nikki fullfils her part. While Sarge as still interrogating Nikki's husband I took her daughter to the interrogation room where Nikki was. I removed the handcuffs from Nikki.

"Nikki I did my part, now it's up to you to do your part." I said. "What must I do?" She asked and hugged her daughter. "I need you to contact your brother and ask him to meet up with you, I promise we will be there and nothing will happen to you, your daughter or your husband. All we need is your brother." I said.

It seems as though she was hard debating with herself.

"If you do this I will clear all your fine tickets and I will have the officers lay off your back." I said. "Phone." She said and I gave her the phone. "Loudspeaker." I said as she dialled her brother's number.

"Hi Albert." She said. "Finally Nikki I've been trying to reach you for days." He said. "I know I've been kinda busy." She said. "I need your help." He said. "I told you I can't help you no more Albert, police are out looking for you." She said. "Have they been to your place?" He asked one could hear the paranoid in his voice. "Yes Albert they were by me they even went to mom, Albert what did you do now again?" She asked. "Nikki I need your help please. I am your brother!" He shouted. "Albert you know I ended my old life, I can't help you,you are being looked for and I have a husband and a daughter that still needs me." She said. "Nothing will happen to them I promise." He said. "That is what you said last time Albert." She said. "Nikki please." He said. "What you need me to do?" She asked. "Can you meet me on Central Way?" He asked. "Albert that is across town." She said. "I know! I know okay? It's just that I killed one detective I used to live with and another is the sarge at Britain Police Department." He said. "I'll be there in 30." She said. "Thank you sister." He said.

The call ended.

"Thank you Nikki. I know that was hard for you to do but it will all be over soon I promise." I said. "His nothing to me anymore, he died the day he raped his daughter's mother whom I'm still looking for." She said. "When you do come back maybe you could search up your niece." I said and she gave me a small smile.

We headed out of the room and Nikki immediately went to hug her husband.

"Sarge!" I called out. "Yes?" Sarge said behind me. "His meeting Nikki at Central Way in thirty minutes" I said. "Kevin wire up Nikki." Sarge said. "On it." Kevin said and Nikki followed him to the equipment room. "Gear up everyone." Sarge said and we obeyed orders. Justin and Kim finally came back from Albert's mother. "Any news?" Sarge asked Justin. "Yes Sarge,he contacted his mother three days ago asking for a hideout spot." Kim said. "Anything else?" Sarge asked and ignored Kim. "No Sarge." Justin said. "Good because we heading to Central Way in twenty-five minutes so gear up." Sarge said and headed to his office.

Stress of looking for Amanda is working on him and its only been a couple of hours. I hope we find soon because Sarge's anger is going to extreme. So far he hadnt taken his anger out on any of us except Kim, but she was looking for it. We headed out for Central Way and we all climbed out and going into position with ten minutes to spare. Justin was sitting on a bench drinking coffee near Nikki and Albert's meeting spot. Kim was at the fountain 'playing in the water'. Ronny and their daughter were pretending to be having a picnic with Nikki. Sarge was at a candy store. Myself and I were in the van watching Nikki and everyone else. Then Albert arrived walking towards the picnic garden.

"Suspect arriving. Everyone in position and Nikki looked up from where she was and saw her brother. She looked scared. "Nikki you can't show that you are afraid of him. He will know you working for us." I said.

Albert saw his sister looking at his sister and nodded his head showing her direction to come to him. She got up.

"Ronny I'll be back in a second okay?" She said and he nodded.

Nikki walked up to her brother.

"Hi Albert." She said. "Hi sister, don't I get a hug?" He asked. "No Albert,you know I don't do hugs." She said. "Right does the cops know you here?" He asked. "No Albert." She said. "Are you lying?" He said and stepped closer to her and she stepped to the back. "Stay calm Nikki and answer him." I said. "No I am not lying to you." She said. "Are you scared of me?" He asked and he didn't answer him. "Answer me!" He said. "Guys move in." Sarge said. "No don't, she's got this handled. Nikki answer him truthfully." I said. "I'm not afraid of you,I am afraid of the person you became. You not the brother I knew. You have gone much more deeper into your dark soul then you were. I am afraid of what I will uncle I will bring around Jane. She doesn't deserve an uncle like you." Nikki said. "Nikki don't anger him." I said and climbed out of the van and headed to them acting like I am on the phone with someone when I supposedly 'knocked into Albert.'

"I'm sorry sir." I said and looked at Nikki when Albert looked my way and she nodded. "Are you okay?" I asked directing my question to Nikki but Albert it was for him. "Get lost young man." He said. "Sorry." I said and left them to be.

"Albert you need to leave I am sorry I can't help you anymore, you have proven to me that you are not worth helping." Nikki. "You shouldn't have done that Nikki. You should have just helped me. I am your brother, you don't turn your back against family." He said. "And what did you do for our family Albert, you stabbed us in the back." She said.

The anger was written all over his face and I could see his next move was to pull his gun out.

"Move in now!" I shouted and Justin, Kim and Sarge came out from there spots.

"Hands up Mr Sing!" Sarge shouted. "This was a set up wasn't it? Since when do you work with the cops Nikki?" He said. "You so going to pay for this Nikki. I will take your daughter and rip her body into shreds and you will be the first to watch." He said and Sarge took him away from her. Ronny immediately came to attack her into a hug.

Done! Done!
Thank you for reading
-1483