Please don't be mad.

i have so many different one shots to write i wish i wrote faster im sorry ksndnsn

Trigger Warning: Self-Harm, mention of eating disorder
[Klance]
————

Lance couldn't take it, he couldn't take it anymore. He tried, he tried so fucking hard and it didn't do shit. He felt so, so alone. Even with Keith, even with everyone. And he tried, tried to ignore it and pretend like everything was okay. It was easy at first, because it was something he was used to doing. Faking a smile in front of them. But sometimes it would get too much, and he'd have to avoid them.

He sat on his bathroom floor, hot, raw tears leaking down his face. They only seemed to get faster as he stared, ripped, ragged flesh looking back at him. Each cut was deeper than the last, Lance biting his tongue to keep himself quiet. It hurt. The razor digging into his flesh, the gap of gaping flesh quickly replaced with crimson red, racing down his forearm and dropping to the floor. Lance couldn't stop himself, no matter how much it stung, no matter how much blood came out. It was so addicting. So sickeningly addicting.

Panic settled in when the racing liquid didn't stop, when it began to pool near Lance's knees, yet he still couldn't stop. His stomach twisted, hands shaking violently. He could see fat beneath the blood as he irritated the found, it made him nauseous. He couldn't tell if it was from the gore, his binging, or the fact that he was proud of himself for finally cutting that deep. Maybe all three.

As he glanced at his wounds and held back gags, he reached for his phone. He pulled up Keith's number, using his free hand to send a jumbled SOS to his lover. He let out another gentle sob, allowing himself to lean back and rest for a moment. The familiar sound of a specific pair of rushing feet came tumbling before Lance's room. The ghost of a smile lingered on his face as he heard his room door slide open before frantic knocking sounded on his bathroom's door.

The handle jiggled for a moment and Keith stumbled in. He gave Lance a sad look, who in turn looked away in embarrassment. "I'm sorry." He muttered. "I'm sorry Keith— please, please don't be mad. I tried," he hiccuped, his now dry face once again becoming wet with tears. Keith grabbed Lance by the face— careful to mind his arm— before giving him a kiss on the forehead. "It's okay, it's okay baby. Just let me get you cleaned up, we can talk when you feel better." Lance nodded gently.

Keith hooked his arms beneath Lance's knees and upper back, resting him on his bed. He returned to the bathroom to get a first aid kit then kneeled to his side. Lance offered his arm to the other. The two proceeded in silence, aside from a small flinch followed by a meek apology. Keith spared glances at the other who stared only at his arm. He seemed disappointed in himself, almost as if the blade had more power over him than he had over it. Keith frowned but kept quiet. He knew it best not to force anything, and the other seemed to still be in shock. He'd let him rest first.

When he was done, he held Lance's hand in his own. He pressed it to his nose before standing. "Do you want me to stay here tonight?" Lance didn't say anything, instead he gripped Keith's hand tighter. Keith smiled faintly before laying in bed next to the other, allowing the smaller body to curl up against him. He stroked his hair for a while until soft snores could be heard.

Sunlight spread over the couples faces, a golden glow causing Keith's eyes to flutter open. He looked over at Lance, who was still fast asleep. His lips were parted and his breathing was slow. Keith caressed his hair until he stirred, mumbling in annoyance for being woken up.

"Mph, what..?" He whined. Keith grinned. "Wake up sleeping beauty, that's what." He pulled the blanket off them both, grabbing Lance by the arm as he slipped out of bed. Lance stumbled to the couch when he was released as Keith began breakfast.

When the meal was finished, eggs, waffles, and turkey bacon was left on the table. Lance invited himself over, already digging in before Keith had even reached his own seat. "Jeez, make sure you're chewing."

"Shut ift muhlit," he retorted with a mouthful of waffles. Keith stuck his tongue out and Lance laughed. After a few minutes of silent eating, Lance spoke up.

"I.. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. It was just supposed to be a little one, just a little relief. But I couldn't.." Lance looked away shamefully. "I couldn't stop. Even when it hurt. I'm sorry. Please don't be mad." He sounded like a small child confessing to breaking their siblings toy.

Keith put his fork down and moved over to the other, kneeling in front of him. "It's okay Lance. I'm not mad. I'm not disappointed in you. If anything, I wish I could've stopped you from doing this. But it's okay, I know you're struggling. You'll get better, and I'm here to help no matter what. Okay?" Lance nodded, fighting back tears and a gentle smile. "Do you wanna talk about what triggered it?" Lance sniffled before nodding in response. He yelled when Keith scooped him up the moment he rose and made his way to the couch.

sorry this chapter is shorter than usual and kinda bland! i'm really tired but wanted to post this chapter before i fall asleep 💔  anyways votes+comments appreciated as per usual!