Snooping [🍁]

[Trigger Warning: Mentions of abuse, mentions of self harm, implied rape, attempted suicide]

[why am i so mean to lance im sorrY]

[Klangst?]

The group thought it was going to be funny. A harmless prank on their beloved blue paladin. But what they found wasn't funny at all.

Pidge had come up with the idea. Allura was tired of Lance avoiding their mental bonding session or tossing the headset and booking it. She needed to know more about Lance in order to understand why he was so.. so imbecilic..!

Pidge had been tinkering with one and decided the same as Allura. Lance's avoidance was over with, and Pidge could learn more about their older brother figure. It was for the team, and their own curiosity.

Everyone had agreed eventually after completely disregarding his privacy. They were in a war! There's no such thing as privacy with the paladins.

So, while Lance was asleep they set up a trap. They'd lure Lance to the pods, force the device onto his head, then push him into a pod. It was a little bit cruel, but it was for the sake of Voltron. The sake of the universe.

Lance snuck around, his ocean blue eyes clearly filled with fear. He followed the sound of music until he stopped at a pod. And before he could see Hunk's reflection, the boy had shoved the mind reading device on Lance's head and pushed him into the pod.

"Sorry buddy, it's for the team!" Hunk smiled and ran off, not knowing what was in store.

At first, Lance tried to avoid thinking of his past, but as soon as a memory of Keith popped up he realized he wasn't getting out of here until he spoke. Or, er, memorized?

It started off calm, memories of little Lance dancing around his family. They were happy, you could see it. Lance was the youngest, always getting tossed around happily.

Around the age of eight is when everything took a turn. Lance's mother had passed away and most of Lance's family members moved out after the tragic event. This left him with his now alcoholic father and uncle.

He'd hide in his room, afraid to face them. He wouldn't eat, he would barely sleep, and he'd always run off to school first thing in the morning. Any confrontation ended up either with Lance bruised and or bloodied.

The Cuban boy, now 12, had learned to avoid beatings. He began to bring home drinks and such for his uncle and father, which always pleased them.

Eventually Lance's father and uncle came to their senses. They began to nurture and care for Lance, buying him new clothes and cooking extravagant meals for the boy.

Lance tried to stop him. He tried to call for help, he tried to push him away, but all they did was tie him down, which worsened his major claustrophobia, and continue their vulgar act. Lance would limp his way to school, avoiding Hunk and Pidge's worried questions.

It was at the age of 13 when Lance started to self harm. He was so tired of getting beaten and molested by his own family members, he just needed a relief. He'd never overdo it, leaving only 3 scars a week for a month. It ended with about 12 discolored marks upon his tan skin. For a while he'd stopped, but after a month of rehabilitation he was back at it again.

He'd decided to go at his thighs this time to avoid confrontation about his arms. This was also around the time he started straightening his hair instead of wearing something to cover it. He'd also wear makeup aside from various beauty products to hide his freckles. He even wore contacts to avoid wearing his glasses.

At one point, he had nearly committed suicide. He had the notes written, the noose tied, and even pills in hand.

He had tried, but his rope was faulty. It'd snapped as soon as he stepped off of his pedi-stool. His pills scattered and he had to pretend he was asleep before his father came in. The next morning they had just..vanished.

At the age of 15, Lance, Hunk, and Pidge had signed up to join the Garrison to become pilots. Luckily the poor Cuban boy had been better since he'd been able to run from his uncle and father. Though his captain made it just as bad, yelling insults at him, telling him he wasn't good enough. It was almost like being at home again. Which is exactly what caused him to relapse.

On his 16th birthday, he was launched into space. All thanks to that hot little Asian boy. Lance had never felt so alone. He felt like the only person who couldn't fit in. He was a seventh wheel and he couldn't do anything about it.

Unfortunately since they were in space, there were no earth calendars. But Lance had secretly taught himself Altean, and transferred it to make his own calendar.

And today was his birthday.

The group stared at the screen, then at the silently sobbing Lance. He was curled up at the bottom of the pod rocking back and forth and hyperventilating. Between his short breaths he whispered about the walls closing in on him, and the paladins quickly rushed to his aid.

As if on instinct, Keith pulled him into his arms. "Lance..." he whispered , gently rubbing the smaller boy's back. He could feel the Cuban boy shake his head in objection, so he did nothing more but drag the boy closer.

"I'll... I'll bring him to his room..." Keith whispered. The team nodded and watched as he carried the poor Cuban boy to his room. Keith slipped Lance under his blankets, getting ready to make his way back to the rest of the paladins before feeling the small boy tug on his shirt. "D-don't go..." he mumbled, tears still spilling from his eyes. Keith quickly yet gently slid next to Lance, burying his nose into his hair.

The brunette sniffled, his face red.

"Lance?"

"Yea?"

"I..I'm sorry for what we did.. But I just want you to know that.. I think you're hot too."

Lance's face reddened, "Keithhh.." he mumbled, laughing weakly at his own embarrassment.

"Yea Yea, goodnight Lance McLame." He kissed Lance's head, earning a giggle from the boy.

The brunette smiled, "Night, Keith Kogayne."

im sORRY I NEVER UPDATE BUT IM WORKING ON STUFF,, SINGLE TEAR.