(2) A time to be alive.

[Trigger Warning— Vomit]

[Lancelot]
———

Lotor was swift with his actions, looping his arm around Lance's waist and dipping him slightly. Their lips sunk into each other and Lance's arms looped around Lotor's neck. It certainly would have gone farther, had Lance's crew prior to his death hadn't shouted out.

...

Lotor and Lance were somewhat quick to pull away from the sloppy kiss. Lotor and Lance's arms remained wrapped around each other. It was like being two teenagers being caught doing something they shouldn't be doing. A sort of taboo if you will.

Like a deer in headlights, Lotor and Lance stared at them with wide eyes— the red faces merely an added side product, Lotor supposed. Both parties were in shock, albeit one definitely being more embarrassed than the other.

"Lance.." Hunk's voice was hoarse, months of grief being relived. It was all for nothing, all that time of grieving. But no one cared about their pain, they cared about the fact that he was alive. Their Lance, their blue paladin was here and he was okay.

The color drained from Lance's face and Lotor could feel his body temperature decrease at an inhuman speed. Quite honestly it was concerning for most races, part human or not. His hand clenched to a fist in Lotor's chest, and the latter looked down at the small altean in his arms. Instinctively, he held the smaller male close to him.

The group stood at a sort of standstill, just looking at each other until Keith ran full speed at Lance. His arms wrapped around the shaking figure, ripping him away from Lotor before the crew followed. Lance, now stuck at the bottom of a— for lack of better term— hug pile, was feeling the exact opposite of what hugs are supposed to feel like.

His Altean markings began to glow as the people surrounded him sobbed. Lotor—now standing awkwardly on the sidelines— could see Lance's eyes squeezed shut. A small wave of energy pushed the paladins back then was quickly followed by Lance hurling onto the floor and falling unconscious next to his bile.

The Cuban awoke in a room on his lonesome with a jumpstart and a painful gasp for air. Lotor rounded time corner, "Ah, you're finally awake."

"Please tell me it was a dream."

"Unfortunately not my Love. I'm afraid the paladins are not quite convinced that our relations are genuine."

Lance sighed, "I love when you talk with big words. It reminds me that I have no clue what they mean." He smiled sleepily. Lotor placed down simple foods such as toast and water. Just something simple for him to chew on so his stomach wasn't empty, yet not enough to cause somewhat of a vomit relapse.

"The others are outside in the main hall. I invited them to dinner, because I'm almost positive they'll stay until you leave, so why not be nice? No need to argue, hm?"

Lance agreed silently. His mouth was stuffed with toast, and Lotor never took a liking to Lance talking with his mouth open. Not only was it just rude and gross, but in general he was a prince and it made him vibrate from the inside out when everyone did it.

Anyways, aside from the paladins the two found something knew on their plate— weighing in the room with an awkward silence towards the subject.