-'Til death due us Part.

Request from @nightmare_wolf23
I hope you enjoy :)
[Klance]

Lance didn't understand why he ever agreed to let Keith sign up for the Navy. Of course he had no jurisdiction over what the other did, but Keith still felt it necessary to ask permission— he wanted to know if Lance would be okay. He'd had his struggles in the past, and sometimes he couldn't handle being alone. Lance agreed only after seeing the passion in his boyfriend's eyes. He  couldn't take that away from him if it was something that would make him happy. Keith promised to write and call whenever he could, and promised him that he'd be okay

Lance knew Keith couldn't keep a promise like that out in such a dangerous field, but he held hope that he'd manage. Keith was just a miracle worker like that— and besides, he'd only be gone for a year or so. Lance could do that. Or at least he could, until Keith just stopped. There were no letters, no calls, no late night messages. Nothing. Lance walked around everyday with the pit in his stomach growing heavier and heavier, until he received a call.

Keith was missing.

Lance's phone slipped from his hands and the distant calls of the informant on the other end were drowned out as Lance's world crashed around him. He collapsed to his knees, clutching the fabric of his pants until his arms shook. He hung up the phone with a struggle as his room was dark aside from the sliver of moonlight peaking between his silk maroon curtains. His eyes welled up with tears, clouding his crystal blue eyes that Keith loved so much.

...Those crystal blue eyes that Keith may never see again.

The next few nights were rough. Lance hadn't been going to school, he hadn't answered anyone's calls, and he had barely gotten out of bed. His hair was a mess, his eyes red and swollen— matching the patches of red he'd gotten from rubbing the tears from his face. He lugged his way to the bathroom to shower— which he hadn't done either. He found himself reaching into Keith's drawer to grab his t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants that were at least 3 sizes too big for Lance, but he didn't care. It was the closest he could get to Keith, and that was what he needed to most in that moment.

He turned the water on, watching the liquid flow into the bottom of the tub. He peeled his sweater off— damp from his repeated nightmares of finding Keith's mangled body, or getting that phone call saying that Keith was "no longer with us." and caked with snot stains. Then he removed his shorts and boxers, running his hands along the red markings and indentations left on his skin. He sighed shakily, sitting in the tub as the shower water trickled down his body. Through his hair, down his back, and down the drain.

His mind brought him back to when the two had first moved in together. Keith had asked to shower since they had been moving all day and were sweaty and covered in dust. Lance found it odd that he'd ask for permission to wash himself, until he realized he meant with the other. He'd been so shy at first, so nervous, so insecure. Yet Keith did his best to comfort him. To tell him how perfect his body was, to kiss every scar, to tell him how special he was. Lance thought of how gentle Keith's hands were, his face flushed as Keith effortlessly scrubbed the others body. He seemed so enamored with the other. When they got out, Lance had never been so red in his life. While Keith smiled at him, giving him a peck on the lips before picking him up and carrying him into the bedroom.

Before Lance knew it, his tears were suddenly a part of his shower.

After washing himself off, he left the shower. His body was weak— malnourished from the lack of food or water. He shook like a leaf just trying to get out of the tub, and so he sat on the edge of the tub wrapped in his towel. For 20 minutes he did nothing but stare at the wall and cry as he dried. He nearly collapsed trying to put on his clothes. He grabbed a handful of the fabric and shoved his face in it, taking one deep breath of Keith's scent.