Fool. [????]

[character death, self harm]

Lance let out a shaky sigh, his nervousness evident as he hesitantly knocked on Keith's door. A faint "I'm coming!" Was heard from inside the large home.

The boy smiled anxiously as he was met met face to face with the love of his life. Keith.

It'd been a few years since everything had gone back to normal. Or, as normal as things could be I suppose. The gang had split up. Lance usually hung out with Pidge and Hunk though. Keith ended up living at a house that seemed to resemble a beach home. By himself.

Lance found himself wanting— no, needing Keith. Ever since they last saw each other. The last words they exchanged lingered in the Cuban's head.

I love you.

Lance didn't know wether or not it meant anything, but for years it had been floating in his head. He finally had enough.

"Lance?" Keith's voice rang out, surprise wrapped around his tone like a anaconda to its prey.

"H-hey Keith!" Lance raised his hand awkwardly, cringing at his voice crack and his body visibly tensed.

"I haven't seen you for forever! Come in dude! Let's talk!" Keith ushered Lance to his living room, a small staircase leading down to the circular couches with a table in the center. It reminded Lance of the castle. Aside from the large windows that gave a breathtaking view to the ocean.

"I'm— Actually I came here to talk to you about something." Lance stated confidently, attempting to calm himself at Keith's attire. His hair pinned up in a ponytail, black skinny jeans and a red button up shirt. A few of the buttons were undone, revealing the elder males chest.

Lance contained his blush, wiping his sweaty palms on his jeans and pulling insecurely at his turtleneck. He didn't know why he was so worked up, he was usually so laidback in situations like this.

Keith raised a brow, intrigued. He plopped down onto the couch, his legs crossed as he sprawled his arms across the couch. "Oh? About what?" He grinned deviously. Lance felt himself on fire.

"Uh—"

"Who was at the door hon?" A distant voice spoke up, heels clicking in the distance as the woman appeared. She wore a pitch black skin tight dress as she put in her diamond studded earrings. Her ring seemed to glitter as Lance noticed the matching one on Keith's hand and grimaced. A coincidence, right?

Wrong.

Axca leaned over the couch, giving he Texan a quick peck on his rosy lips. Lance felt his stomach clench and he bit his lip harshly to hold back the tears threatening to spill.

"Hey, Lance buddy, you ok?" Keith gave him a look of concern and saw the smaller boy flinch as he placed his hand onto his oddly thin thigh.

"I'm- This was a b-bad idea... Sorry." Lance whispered, pulling himself off the couch and sleepwalking towards the door. Why had he come here anyways? It was foolish of him to think Keith had reciprocated his feelings.

"Lance, wait! What's wron—"

Lance turned, quickly throwing himself into Keith's arms, desperately pulling him closer as he smashed their lips together.