- I've had enough.

Trigger Warning: Panic attack(?), mention of abuse.

[Lancelot]

Lance rushed out of blue, trying his hardest to avoid the angry screams of his teammates. His heart pounding in his chest was almost as loud as his armored boots against the metal flooring of the castle. His body may be in space but his mind was back in that tiny Cuban room, the sweltering heat making his knees even weaker as he crumpled to the floor in front of his Papa. Lance's stomach churned and he felt bile creeping up the back of his throat.

He slammed his door closed, collapsing, and retching onto the floor of his room. His shoulders shook and he could feel his heart pounding in his ears. His tears echoed through the room followed by his choked sobs. He wanted it to stop. This endless cycle of hurt and pain and he didn't know how to get out of. He was too afraid to die, but it wasn't like there was anywhere else he could really go in this miserable galaxy. It's either he died slowly here, surrounded by people who taunted and belittled him daily, or out there, in space. All alone, surrounded by stars and quite literal infinite possibilities.

Lance was shaken from his trance from the pounding at his door. His heart lept into his throat as he scrambled away from the door. It was Shiro. He could hear yelling on the other side. His voice was blocked out— nothing but a dull ringing tone to the Cuban boy's ears. A defensive tactic he'd learned at a young age for obvious reasons. Though a few words stuck out to him.

"...why don't you just leave?"

Why didn't he leave? What was stopping him? Clearly, nobody here cared for him, all he did was get yelled at and ridiculed for everything he did. He could just take some food and wander aimlessly until he ran into some strange planet or something. So instead of sitting cowardly on the floor of his room whilst Shiro screamed at him, he packed a small bag of clothes and essential items he may need. He'd wait until night, steal a bit of food, and take an escape pod to his new reality.

After a few minutes, Shiro had retreated. Everyone had been exhausted from today, which was lucky for Lance as he tiptoed to the kitchen before running to the Hanger to say goodbye to Blue. The metal feline understood why her paladin had to go, and even though it hurt she allowed him to.

Lance placed his things down, making sure to get comfortable before taking off. He might be sitting there for a while, and there was only so much room in there. He fired himself out into the starry night sky, watching the milky white specs fly past him. He smiled with a yawn, allowing himself to drift into a much-needed slumber.

As Lance opened his eyes he was quick to notice the chains on his wrist. He jumped up, scanning the room frantically. He yanked at the chains, following them down to notice that his legs too, were chained down. He tried his hardest to ignore the sharp pain in his wrists as the cool metal re-opened the more fresh scars.

"H-hey! Let me out!" His voice was meant to strike fear into those who heard it, but it sounded more like a whiny toddler when you tell them they can't have something. Lance gritted his teeth, trying his hardest to hold back his tears. He didn't want to cry in front of whoever had him here, but this was his final straw. No matter how hard he tried, it was like he just couldn't escape. He wanted to be okay, to be free, to be happy. Of course, the moment he thought he was, he gets captured. Could he not have anything in this life?