Chapter 11

Yu Pin Yan strode into the Crown Prince's small courtyard and saw Yu Wen Tao kneeling at the door entrance with a group of old ministers, looking pallid and weeping plaintively. The sun was evidently scorching but the air inside the courtyard was suffused with a melancholy frigidness.

The Crown Prince having both the integrity and talent was the eldest Di son of the reigning Empress. Should there be no mishap, he would succeed the throne as the next Emperor, but he was now infected with the epidemic on his first trip of managing an official mission. Based on the Emperor's fondness towards this Crown Prince, he would definitely reprimanded and buried everyone alive should the Crown Prince die from this illness.

Under the scorching sun the wind breezed through and those old ministers shivered slightly, seemingly felt chilled to their bones. They turned their heads back as they heard some approaching footsteps and their bleary eyes unexpectedly turned radiant at once.

Marquis Yongle! How could they have forgotten Marquis Yongle who had gone to locate the Divine Doctor for his younger sister! This was indeed a blessing from Heaven!

"Marquis, the Divine Doctor...." Yu Wen Tao totteringly stood up. Before he could finish his sentence, he saw the indifference youth leading an old man into the room and closed the door tightly, obstructing the vision of all those expectant eyes.

As the Crown Prince couldn't be exposed to any wind, all the windows in the room were dead-bolted and covered with a layer of curtains causing extreme dimness in the room. As soon as one drew near the bed, a noticeable strong fouling odor could be detected that even a healthy person would feel unwell exposing to this smell.

Yu Pin Yan seemingly unaware strode over for a closer look.

The Crown Prince was emaciated to just skin and bones in just merely half a month. Both his tightly closed eyes were glued shut with thick yellowish filth and the air he breathed out bore the smell of a putrefied odor. As Yu Pin Yan could still feel the weak pulse on the Crown Prince's neck else by the look of him, one would believe he might have already died.

"Divine Doctor Pu, please treat the Crown Prince." Yu Pin Yan profoundly bowed with both hands clasped towards the hale and hearty old man.

Lai Shun had guessed that this old man was the Divine Doctor who was invited by the Marquis. Seeing this, he dropped to his knees, repeatedly kow-towing and entreating. He was smart as he knew that such a distinguished person could not be forced. Using power and influence to stifle him into treating the Crown Prince would have triggered a life and death struggle.

The old man was unstirred, stroking his beard and spoke with a smile, "Yu Pin Yan, you have better consider this carefully. I have only agreed to diagnose and treat one person. Once I save the Crown Prince, I will certainly not be concerned about your younger sister!"

Lai Shun looked at the Marquis with tears in his eyes.

Yu Pin Yan was expressionless but both his hands were tightly clenched inside the sleeves. Who was more important, the Crown Prince or Xiang'er? The choice would naturally be saving the Crown Prince first as he was now critically ill but Xiang'er treatment must also not be delayed anymore.....

Yu Pin Yan closed his eyes then cupped his hands, "Requesting Divine Doctor Pu to treat the Crown Prince."

The old man laughed tauntingly, "I thought how sentimental and righteous you are, but in the end you still abandon your family yielding to power, as such I might just treat the Crown Prince instead."

Yu Pin Yan twitched his lips and he coldly remarked, "Divine Doctor Pu doesn't need to be provocative. By right, the Crown Prince is the monarch while I am the subject and it's the subject's duty to pledge his loyalty to the monarch thus it's unjust to state about yielding to power. With regards to righteousness, the Crown Prince and I have a very profound friendship that is none lesser than a family member. I would naturally choose to save the Crown Prince as he is now in a critical condition while my younger sister is not in any life-threatening situation. As it's not urgent, I can still seek treatment from Divine Doctor Wang or Divine Doctor Zhao in the future even without Divine Doctor Pu's."