Chapter 20

Yu Xiang lied prone on Yu Pin Yan's shoulder and looked at those noble girls standing there rigidly like puppets with ashen-faced. She flashed them a pleasing smile then pretending to be sad before burying herself into her elder brother's neck and immediately remembered the true identity of Little Qiu'er.

Yu Xiang knew the other party's background would absolutely not be simple the moment that gems filled pouch was handed over to her. Looking over at everyone in Xihe Garden, whose background would have been simple so she didn't give it much thought. She however wouldn't have expected the simple and plainly dressed Little Qiu'er who only brought along an old momo was the Ninth Princess of the reigning monarch. The Ninth Princess who was soundly protected by the Emperor, the Empress and the Crown Prince!

Qiu'er closely sounded to Jiu'er (number ninth child) and with her rounded physique, the selection of this pet name was extremely appropriate.

She turned to look at the siblings who were walking in front of them and saw Little Qiu'er was still choking with sobs and looking truly pitiful. Did this child believe that she would jump into the river and get frightened?

Some remorseful feelings rose within Yu Xiang.

Yu Pin Yan mistakenly thought she was feeling scared as he lightly patted her back to reassure her, "Don't be afraid. Elder brother is here, nobody can bully you."

"Elder brother, did I cause you any trouble? Her father is Prince Yu." This was the era that "Good dad within grasp, everything's within grabs".

Prince Yu was tenaciously defending the northwest fiefdom and refused returning to the Capital thus his ambitions were very obvious and well known. He had paid no heed to the three imperial edicts the Emperor had repeatedly issued and the Emperor had already propelled to eliminate him within a year or so. He on the other hand had long prepared to abandon the first wife and his Di daughter who he left in the Capital and till date they still weren't even aware how they were to die in the future.

The bottomless eyes of Yu Pin Yan faintly emitted hints of hostilities. He rubbed his younger sister's head as he whispered, "That's no harm. I, Marquis Yongle is not afraid of offending his Prince Yu manor."

Yu Xiang smiled contentedly.

In Feng Qi Pavillion, the Empress was seated on the main seat and the Crown Princess was accompanying the guests. Both stood up to meet Little Qiu'er when they saw her sobbing and sniffling.

Yu Xiang was unable to perform the salutation, so she had no choice but just made a bow with her hands clasped without any haughtiness nor humbleness expression.

The Empress smilingly responded with a verse, "Good child." She then took her daughter into her embrace, patted her before she gently asked, "Qiu'er, what's wrong? Who has bullied you?"

Yu Xiang was mentally focused and calm yet looked nonchalantly.

"They......they snatched my lantern and wanted to hit me. Lotus seed cake protected me. They forced lotus seed cake to death and made lotus seed cake jump into the river." Little Qiu'er sniffled as she recounted the event verse by verse.

Yu Xiang really wished she could rush over to give this chubby Qiu'er big kisses. In just a few words, she had tenaciously pushed that group of people into a pit. Indeed naively adorable with an in-depth black-bellied nature!

Frostiness instantly replaced the somewhat smile on the Empress' face after she had heard those words.

Yu Xiang lowered her head slightly. She blinked and tears at once were pooled within the rims of her eyes which seemingly longed to spill down which made her look particularly enthralling the tender affections of the others. She merely sat there without saying a word yet the onlookers could just feel the great grievances she must have suffered.