Chapter 107

Yu Xiang took a bath after planting those herbs. Lying in bed, she looked at the jade crown's hairpin that Shen Yuan Qi gave her.

Liu Lu was drying her wet hair with a cloth towel when she exclaimed, "Is this the gift from top scholar Shen? It's not even inferior to the one given by Lord Marquis, which can be seen how very attentive he is to Young Miss."

Laughing, Yu Xiang said, "I've long felt that he looks very familiar, but I never expect he is actually my elder brother. No wonder he is so handsome and in fact resembles me."

The corner of Liu Lu's mouth twitched, "He is several years older than Young Miss, shouldn't you be the one who resembles him. But it's rather strange too, you and the Marquis are not related at all yet there are five to six points of similarity in both your appearances. Truly remarkable."

Yu Xiang touched her cheek with a smug look, "I've said before that this is the similarity looks of the husband and wife."

A low laugh came from outside the door as the two talked when Yu Pin Yan reached out to lift the beads curtain. Tao Hong hurriedly stepped forward and spoke cheerfully, "Guye[1], you are back. Nubi will go make tea for you."

She lifted her foot to leave when Yu Pin Yan called out, "Wait, what did you just called this Marquis?"

Tao Hong blinked, her expression was extremely innocent, "Guye ah, what else to address you?"

Liu Lu covered her face and groaned but Yu Pin Yan's low laugh became boisterous laughter and not knowing what he was thinking that a small gold ingot was flipped out as he laughingly spoke, "This yatou[2]'s mouth is witty, here's your reward."

Eyes abruptly widened, Tao Hong received the gold ingot with both her hands and babbled non-stop, "Nubi thanks Guye's reward. Guye, come in please and take a seat. Wait a moment, Guye while Nubi go make tea in the side room ..."

Hand on her forehead, Yu Xiang's tone was listless, "Okay, you go quickly. There is no more reward even if you continue calling Guye, unless you want to get a burst chestnut[3] from me."

Tao Hong hastily covered her forehead and left like a wisp of smoke while Liu Lu retreated along the foot of the wall and shut the door before she went out.

Yu Pin Yan walked over to his younger sister's bedside and sat down before he spoke with a smile, "I always thought Liu Lu is smarter than Tao Hong but today I realized that I have made an error in judgment."

Putting the crown's hairpin back into the box, Yu Xiang snorted, "Both my yatou are very smart, otherwise would I settle on them?"

Yu Pin Yan picked up the cloth towel by the bedside table to continue drying her hair. Staring at the brocade box, he asked, "I've never seen this crown's hairpin before, who gave you?"

"A gift from Shen Yuan Qi. He asked Yu Si Yu to bring in on the day of jiji[4]." With one hand propping her cheek, Yu Xiang spoke expectantly, "Elder Brother, can I get to know him secretly? He is really good, even-tempered, talented, good looking and upstanding."

The smile on Yu Pin Yan's face vanished completely as he asked in a deep voice, "He is talented and good looking, but how did you discern about his temper and character?"

"You see, Yu Miao Qi caused the ruin of his, no, our family yet he never thought to retaliate even after he was conferred the top scholar title. It can clearly be seen that his character is utterly noble and unsullied."

"Since you are so eager to get acquainted with him, why don't I go inform Old Ancestor now asking her to send you back then I come to propose marriage?" Yu Pin Yan pressed his entire body on his younger sister and nibbled her slender neck as he spoke.