Chapter 119

«The Marquis manor was in chaos. The faces of the imperial officials and soldiers' did not reveal any respect. Instead, it was filled with a tinge of malevolence. They rushed towards a particular place. Yu Xiang followed behind them and as soon as she passed a pavilion, she saw a Dragon Scale Guard coming out of her elder brother's study. He was holding an inconspicuous box and shouted loudly, "The guilty official, Yu Pin Yan, has conspired with the Western Barbarians to usurp the throne. Now, the evidence is conclusive! Someone come and arrest everyone!"

«Colluding with the Western barbarian to usurp the throne? Hold on, what's going on here? Elder Brother was clearly shot and fell into the river by the barbarians. Furthermore, it was unknown whether he was dead or alive, so how did he become a guilty subject? And where did they find the evidence? He who wants to beat his dog will easily find a stick![1]

«Yu Xiang leapt forward and wanted to snatch the wooden box away. When her fingers touched the Dragon Scale Guards, everything in front of her instantly turned into smoke and dissipated into the air. The fog fluttered in the wind, scattered and condensing into another residence, the glorious Crown Prince's residence.

«The manor was similarly in chaos. Many of the Dragon Scale Guards surrounded the Crown Prince's study. A short while later, the Crown Prince came out with a grim look on his face. Two Dragon Scale Guards holding their swords and halberds against his back. It was followed by another man, Ao Ping, the Deputy Commander of the Dragon Scale Guards, her elder brother's most competent subordinate. He was holding a dragon robe and announced in a loud voice, "The Crown Prince has made his own dragon robe in secret and intends to commit an insurrection. He will be taken to the Heavenly Prison for trial!"

«A group of Dragon Scale Guards swarmed up and took all the people in the manor away.

Yu Xiang stood there while gaping dumbfoundedly at the scene. She felt her hands and feet go cold and her soul disintegrating. She desperately told herself that it was merely a dream, yet fear wrapped itself around her heart until it completely consumed her. »

"Ho..." A dark breath escaped from her throat. Yu Xiang fought to wake up from her dream, which woke Tao Hong and Liu Lu as well.

"What's wrong, Young Miss? Did you have another nightmare?" It was as if the two of them were confronting a mortal enemy.[2]

"I dreamt that the Marquis' manor was raided. The charge was collusion with the Western barbarians to plot against the dynasty and usurp the throne. There was a dragon robe hidden in the Crown Prince's manor. Moreover, many Dragon Scale Guards were making arrests. I'm afraid that even the cats and dogs would not be spared."

Liu Lu did not wait for her to finish before covering her mouth. She lowered her voice and asked, "Young Miss, what should we do then? Turn around and go back?"

"No, we can't go back!" Yu Xiang yanked her palm away and refused without hesitation. Her elder brother was waiting for her not far away. She could not put his life and death at risk.

"What about the Marquis' and the Crown Prince's manor? Let the imperial officials and soldiers raid them?" Liu Lu's complexion was pale as she inquired. Tao Hong was already terrified, shivering as she gathered the blanket closer. In just a month and a half, she felt that the sky had collapsed.

"Write a letter and buy a fast horse for the Grand Monk, Xing Ye, to send it back."

"The Marquis manor is fine since you can just send a letter to the Old Madam. How about for the Crown Prince? You can't just say that you had a dream, can you? The Imperial family member is always paranoid. Even if this is over, there is no guarantee that you will not be treated as a demon!" Tao Hong said worriedly.