Chapter 120

When the Marquis manor's servants found the Shen family, they learned that Yu Xiang's legs injury had sustained another relapse and had been at the Zhen Guo Temple for over a month. They immediately set out for the mountain, only to be turned away by the monks of the Temple.

When they could not bring Yu Xiang back, the Old Madam became increasingly restless. She forced her ill ridden body to go find her. However, just as she stepped out of her room, she spat out blood and fainted. Subconsciously, she still had a glimmer of hope, hoping that her grandson had only fallen into the Wu River and was not dead. As long as Yu Xiang returned, he would be safe and sound.

Because of this fixation, even when she was unconscious, she kept muttering, "Go and get Xiang'er back. Quickly go and find Xiang'er..."

Ma Momo was afraid that her condition would decline further, so she sent a physician while she feigned a response. The others carried her to the couch and wiped her cold body with hot water.

The Marquis manor was in an upheaval. Yu Si Yu rushed to the main courtyard, but she ran into Yu Miao Qi ‒ who was sitting by the lotus pond, and enjoying the flowers and fishes ‒ halfway there. She couldn't help brimming red, "It is unknown whether Big Brother is still alive or died, and Grandmother is gravely ill, yet you have the mood to play around?"

"Why wouldn't I have the mood to play around? They don't treat me like a member of the Yu family, so why should I care about them? If they are alive or dead, so be it. You have to stop to look at the flowers, fishes, grass as much as you can. But I am afraid you won't be able to do so in the future." She covered her mouth and laughed softly, her eyes scintillated with frightening malice.

"What exactly do you mean by that? What are you implying?" Yu Si Yu was not as brainless as before. This was especially the case when it came to Yu Miao Qi and she was using the most sinister conjectures to guess her intentions.

"I'm not implying anything. You don't have to overthink. Go and see Grandmother, she may not be able to make it." Yu Miao Qi chuckled and smiled.

"What nonsense are you spouting? Grandmother is perfectly fine! If your mouth is not clean, I don't mind washing it for you with my own hands!" Yu Si Yu had spent most of her time in the countryside and had not learnt anything else, but she had learnt the village woman's ability to fight. She quickly stepped forward, held onto Yu Miao Qi's neck with one hand, and pushed her head down into the lotus pool.

The master had taken Bao Sheng out. Bao Sheng was administered mute medicine and sold. This matter had completely chilled the hearts of the maidservants. Thus, Yu Miao Qi was often left unattended. At this moment, she was all alone and had no one to ask for help. On the other hand, Yu Si Yu had two higher rank maidservants by her side and two lower rank maidservants, who swarmed to hold her hands and feet down, immobilizing her.

"Tell me, who is dying now? What did you mean by that, and what do you mean I won't be blessed with that in the future? What have you done?" Every time when Yu Miao Qi was about to be choked to death, Yu Si Yu would pull her out and ask softly in her ear. And if she didn't answer, Yu Si Yu would dunk her again and again; tormenting her repeatedly.

Sure enough, it was true that Yu Si Yu was Yu Pin Yan's biological sister, and her methods of torture to coerce confessions were no less than those of her elder brother.

Yu Miao Qi had swallowed a lot of muddy water and felt that her lungs were about to explode. She deeply regretted provoking Yu Si Yu. She should have thought of this before, the Yu family were all executioners regardless of gender, and it would be impossible to get into a head-on confrontation with them. That person hadn't made a move, so she definitely couldn't say anything. Otherwise, she would lose everything.