Chapter 102

Yu Xiang got up early the next day. Sitting in front of the dressing table to get dressed up, Liu Lu helped her comb a snake bun and chose a string of water-drops shaped necklace to put in between her hair. Right in the middle was a brightly red colored water-drop which suspended exactly in the center of her eyebrows, setting off her glossy smooth skin and her abyss-like eyes making her appear indescribably gorgeous and delicate.

Seeing her staring dazedly at the mirror with no plan of applying makeup on her own, Tao Hong picked up the black pigment pen to help draw her eyebrows.

"I'm not putting on makeup today." Yu Xiang regained her senses and pushed the black pigment pen away before she hesitated a little. Her fair fingers lingered on the neatly arranged boxes of lip rouges before she finally picked the peach flavor to apply evenly on her lips.

Not sure if Elder Brother might still want to steal kisses from herself today as this peach flavor is his favorite which is sweet and not greasy. Once she realized what she was thinking about, her indifferent expression cracked that she forcibly slammed the lip rouge box on the dresser.

Tao Hong and Liu Lu were startled, and quickly asked her what was wrong.

"Nothing, I'm just a little angry thinking of Yu Miao Qi." Yu Xiang waved her hand with a force smile. Sitting dazedly for a while more, she finally picked a small box and dabbed a thick layer on her lips that she herself felt really sweet too. The body is frank though the mouth says no! This phrase popped up in her mind all of a sudden that she held her forehead and sighed deeply, feeling afraid that she had fallen head first.

"Young Miss, do you have a stomach ache again? Why not we don't we go and pay our respects then?" Tao Hong asked in a low voice.

"It's just a little abdominal pain, not as bad as Old Ancestor's poisoning. Let's go. I can't set my mind at rest if I don't go take a look. Old Ancestor is very impatient, she perhaps will personally take Yu Miao Qi and Mother to apologize to all the families today, so I can't hide at home." Yu Xiang put the lip rouge back then looked down to adjust her skirt. Seeing the slightly open neckline, she could not help but pull it down which revealed an alluring cleavage.

Realizing what she had done, her left hand ruthlessly slapped her right hand as if struck by lightning that she cursed silently: Despicable hand, who are you trying to seduce!?

Tao Hong and Liu Lu have long used to her occasional absurd behavior that they looked at each other with a wry smile.

After finishing torturing her right hand, Yu Xiang took no notice of her exposed fair tender chest and spoke calmly, "The hour is late, let's go." She then paused and asked casually, "Where did Elder Brother go?"

"As the Emperor has decreed Lord Marquis to self-reflect for half a month, Lord Marquis has gone to Yamen [1]early in the morning to hand over his official duties. He even came to see you quarter after maoshi (5am-7am) and sat at your bedside for two quarters of an hour before leaving." Tao Hong moved surreptitiously closer to her master's ear to report.

Nodding her head, Yu Xiang's expression was very calm but the tip of her tongue could not help probing out to lick her sweet lips. Halfway down the path, they saw Yu Si Yu come hastily forward to greet them, "Did you know something unusual happened in the manor today?"

"What is it?" Yu Xiang's heart quivered yet her face did not show any of it. It can't be her illicit love with her elder brother being exposed, is it?

"Didn't you leave the small courtyard in the West Wing to Yu Miao Qi yesterday? Do you still remember when you left, there were several cottonwoods, silk trees, begonias and jacarandas which could not be dug out and had to be left behind?" Yu Si Yu bumped her elbow.