Chapter 79

A group of noble ladies gathered around to watch the match while the Ninth Princess and Fan Jiao Jiao watched with gusto as they leaned on the back of Yu Xiang's wheelchair.

Since Yu Miao Qi is also excel at playing klotski[1], she hastily squeezed in and just as she reached the edge of the table, she saw Yu Xiang had already moved the piece representing 'Cao Cao[2]' to the bottom frame and successfully escaped.

Tossing out a hundred taels of silver, Min Lan spoke through her gritted teeth, "This round does not count, go on!"

"Fine, if it does not count then it doesn't count." Yu Xiang chuckled lightly. Practically without much thought, clattered sound of pieces being moved down once they were put in place and no matter how Min Lan encircled or intercepted, she always escaped within ten moves and it merely took a quarter of an hour to complete a dozen games in rows. The banknotes piled by the side of her hand were so thick that a silver ingot was even used to weigh the piles down lest being blown away by the wind.

Defeated, Min Lan's eyes reddened and realizing that all her banknotes were gone, she pulled out the hairpin on her head, wanting to continue but was held down unwaveringly by her two sisters. Those other noble ladies covered their mouths one after another and lightly laughed.

Yu Miao Qi, however, could not laugh. She found out suddenly that Yu Xiang is not as simple as she thought. With her vicious mouth and unrestrained temperament, she can risk everything and is able to lay down her prestige. What's more she is extremely bright which makes her simply too difficult to deal with.

Seeing Min Lan staring at her ferociously, Yu Xiang raised her hand and tossed the banknotes out as she snickered, "I've said that I don't want to play with you. Every time you lose, you'll look like an anxious rabbit. Here, take it. I'm not short of your silver ..."

Old Madam's cough and also the chuckle of the Crown Princess with the words 'it's okay' resounded from the main hall next door, having no choice, Yu Xiang had to swallow her unfinished words.

Min Song flattened the banknotes and stuffed them back into her hand before dragging Min Lan away with Min Zhi. Yu Miao Qi truly admired Yu Xiang at this moment. Knowing perfectly well that the Crown Princess is just next door, she still dares to treat the three Min sisters in such a way, her temper is more perverse than hearsay.

**********

As per the Emperor's decree, the hundred-day banquet of the two little imperial grandchildren will be celebrated grandly in the Imperial Palace and due to the indisposed of the Crown Princess, the full-moon banquet is nothing more than just a gesture. Sure enough, the Crown Princess only invited several sisters-in-law, her maiden family and a few exceedingly acquainted families. While the noble women were entertained by herself, the noble ladies were handed over to the three Min sisters.

The three Min sisters did not return until the commencement of the banquet when they called everyone to take their seats for the feast. Seeing all the noble ladies intentionally avoid the Ninth Princess and Yu Xiang, Yu Miao Qi did not go over to invite a snub too. She just sat next to a noble lady whom she had just met.

Yu Xiang's party of three took up one large round table of twelve and dozens of dishes without feeling awkward, instead they were inured to it. Pouring their own wine and picking up the chopsticks, they started to eat. Shooting a glance at them, Min Lan's expression was somewhat strange.

When the banquet was almost over, Fan Jiao Jiao suddenly bellowed, "Where's the wine? Why is my wine gone? Give me another jug! No, a jar!" As she said that, she stood up with an empty wine jug and knocked it noisily with a chopstick.

Leaning on Fan Jiao Jiao's shoulder limply, the Ninth Princess slowly slid to the ground and snored once she stood up.

Only Yu Xiang was reclining in her wheelchair with one hand propping her cheek up while the other swinging the horsewhip. Her big round feline eyes were glistening bright as she stared at Fan Jiao Jiao with interest. Her flushed cheeks were more delicately charming than the red rouge and the small cherry-like mouth opened slightly as the tip of her pink tongue licked her pearly white teeth seemingly thirsty. The indolent posture of hers held countless flirtatious expressions that one would not help but get intoxicated after just a glance.