Chapter 55

Carrying an empty food container, Tao Hong ran back and accidentally bumped into Liu Lu who was about to step out of the room.

"Silly girl, where's our breakfast? Why did you come back with an empty food container?"

"It's no good. Isn't Second Young Miss sinister that she's now complaining to the Marquis? I just saw her whimpering and pulling the Marquis on my way. Unbeknownst how many bad things she has said about Young Miss."

"Is that such a thing?" Liu Lu hurriedly turned around, looking at her master who was engrossed with her meals and grumbled, "Young Miss, why did you have a falling-out with her so quickly since she didn't provoke you. How will you explain when the Marquis comes later? After all, she has not returned home in fourteen years, the Marquis must feel a little more distressed about her."

Yu Xiang waved her hand unconcernedly, yet her eyes rolled straight out the door.

A quarter of an hour later, Yu Pin Yan indeed trampled through the morning light and stepped over the threshold, then took a seat at the dining table spread with breakfast.

"The shredded chicken porridge is very delicious, does Elder Brother want it? Let me feed you." Yu Xiang scooped up a spoonful of porridge and blew to cool it then brought it to her elder brother's mouth carefully.

A soft and tenderly rosy face greeted him with a bright smile amidst the morning sun, while the salty fragrant of the chicken porridge mixed with the sweet fragrance of peach blossom and lotus flower imparted the sweet relish that increased one's appetite.

Yu Pin Yan's adam's apple moved slightly. Keeping the spoon in his mouth, he drank the porridge and asked, "One who is unaccountably solicitous is hiding evil intentions. Do tell, what bad thing have you done?"

"What bad thing can I do so early in the morning?" Yu Xiang buried her head and stuffed a mouthful into her mouth.

Yu Pin Yan waited for her to finish swallowing before cupping her jaw and turning the pretty face towards himself then continued asking, "Why did you forbid Yu Miao Qi from getting close to me?"

Yu Xiang quirked her eyebrows, "Don't like it."

"Why don't you like it?"

"Heart feels uncomfortable!"

"Both are younger sisters, why are you uncomfortable?"

"It's just uncomfortable. My heart hurts just like this!" Yu Xiang felt really aggrieved that she picked up the hung whip from the armrest of the wheelchair and lightly smacked her elder brother's arm as she angrily berated, "You liar. You said you only like me alone, yet you actually scolded me for Yu Miao Qi! Do you know how bad is she? She burned the protective charm given by Grandmother. She not only hates me but you too. Not knowing how many wicked ideas she conceals in her belly! You plainly told me to stay away from her, and yet you ran off to get close yourself. You're a big liar!"

Yu Miao Qi's return had completely touched her sensitive nerves. She was afraid that one day Yu Pin Yan would like Yu Miao Qi more than herself and threw her out of the manor. She pretended to be calm, but once she fell asleep, all she did was having nightmares of breaking up with the Yu family and parting from Yu Pin Yan. There was no one to confide about such bitterness and nowhere to vent it out, which made her already not-so-behaved temper more and more irritable, that it only took a little spark to ignite it.

Yu Pin Yan knew he could not get any answer now, as it was still too early for this little girl to be enlightened. So, he could only carry her on his knees and embraced her tightly within his arms, as he spoke with bewilderment, "When have I scolded you? I'm just asking a couple of questions. You are naturally my heart's most dearest."