Chapter 58

It was not easy for Lin Shi to get such substantial evidence against Yu Xiang, so Old Madam and Yu Pin Yan could not say anything even if they asked to send her to the countryside. How could a daughter be so impatient and couldn't wait to embezzle her mother's dowry? In other words, what else could stop her greed then?

Such inferior conduct is enough to suppress Yu Xiang from raising her head ever! Even if Old Madam and Yu Pin Yan insist on protecting her, she won't be able to be defiance in the future!

The more Lin Shi thought about it, the more pleased she was with herself, thus she quickened her steps and arrived at the entrance of the main courtyard with Yu Miao Qi followed closely behind.

Seeing both of them, Ma Momo, who was standing under the porch, hurriedly entered the room and whispered, "Old Madam, they are really here."

"Humph~" Old Madam twisted the rosary lightly as she opened her mouth slowly, "They are here in just merely two hours. Truly too anxious. I supposed the latter ledgers might not have even been browsed through yet."

Ma Momo lowered her head, not daring to answer. Inwardly, she knew there would be unrest in the room later, hence she dropped Wan Qiu a hint to send all the idle people away.

"Trouble, trouble, how much trouble has already been caused in just two days since her return? Let me reckon." Old Madam put down the rosary and pinched her fingers to count when her smile became even more colder, "Indeed a jinx. There have not been any peaceful days since she was brought home. I thought she would be able to urge Lin Shi to stop a little, but didn't expect her to be even more incessant, having her heart set on fighting for favors and the family possessions. Hasn't Lin Shi spoiled her enough? She even dares to target the family possessions. Where should my Yan'er stand then? If I had known this, I should not have brought her back in the first place."

Old Madam shook her head and sighed deeply.

Ma Momo softly comforted, "You're not those who are heartless, so how can you watch your biological granddaughter wander in destitute and not bring her home. This is also because she is young and frivolous. Just wake her with a smack and discipline her slowly in the future. A new appearance will be able to be carved out within a year or two."

"Discipline?" With her inferior character, it will be useless for me to teach her even in hundreds of years. It's the fundamental that is not good and also inherits Lin Shi's true legacy. It's all my fault after all. I'm to be blamed for not able to read people clearly back to welcome such a disreputable person into the family who even gave birth to a little jinx that caused restlessness to the family." The more Old Madam said, the more depressed and angry she felt that she was merely waiting for Lin Shi to come in for her to take care of her.

Ma Momo was about to strike up a conversation when Wan Qiu reported outside the door, "Old Madam, Madam and Second Young Miss are here, saying that they have an urgent matter for you."

"Let them in." Old Madam waved her hand, her tone was very impatient.

After both of them entered the room, they paid their respects slowly.

"That's enough, just say what's the matter directly. Don't give me any obeisances, I'm afraid of reducing my lifespan."

Before Lin Shi could complain, Old Madam darted her a fierce look that caused Lin Shi to hesitate for a moment. Knowing that there was no room for her to intervene at this moment, Yu Miao Qi picked a stool and sat down, then secretly pulled Lin Shi's sleeve.

Lin Shi quickly calmed down as sat down next to her daughter and said, "Mother, let's wait for Yan'er and Yu Xiang's arrival. This is a serious matter. I'm afraid when the time comes, someone might say I've wronged her behind her back."