8.

You cozily spread yourself across the wide sofa , your shoulders and calves rested on each of the sofa's arms , as you soundlessly tuned into a random hardback fantasy novel you had found in Jotaro's library . The daylight shone through the gaps in the living room blinds on the other side of the room . You heard the living room door open .

"What's this about ?" he asked probingly , crouching down to read over you shoulder with you . His cool , minty breath lingered on your neck , making the hairs on your skin stand .

"I only stared reading it earlier today," you told him, turning the page . "It's about an immortal vampire who-"

Jotaro shuddered suddenly at the word vampire and stood up instantly , clenching his teeth.

"J-Jojo , what's the matter wi-"

He glared angrily at the book now on the floor , his right palm glowing almost as red as his face after he'd slapped the novel out of your hands . You sat up , shocked and a little frightened . You turned to then be surprised by the look of fear flashing in his eyes as he continued to eye down the book on the floor with menace . Under his shirt , you could see his chest raising and lowering as he inhaled and exhaled anxiously , his accompanying shoulder movement noticeably constricted by tension . He eventually turned to face the door and sighed , pulling the tip of his hat a bit over his eyes as he hid his other hand in his pocket.

You sat there , silently , not knowing what to say .

"Come take a nap with me ." he muttered just loud enough for you to hear as he left the room . You hesitated for a moment .

You followed Jotaro to his room , where he then removed his own shirt and laid on top of the covers still wearing his sweatpants and faced the shark poster on the wall , laying on his side . He didn't say anything . You curled up close next to him , turned to face the other direction in the way of the door . He turned over and wrapped an arm around you , bringing you closer towards him . You both began to fall asleep in each other's comfort .

---

In the early hours of the afternoon , both were still asleep ; you were laid stomach-down on top of him with your face buried in his shoulders , both his firm built arms now hugging your body securely against his chest . His body was so comfy to lay against , you wanted to stay like that forever but you knew that you'd been asleep for ages . Though barely , you opened your eyes . Jotaro wasn't awake . Placing your hands beside each of his shoulders , you pressed them on the bed to push yourself up off of him . Jojo stirred when he felt the movement and dragged you back down , his eyes still closed

"Come on ," you urged quietly . "Let me get up."

"Mm ... no..." he mumbled almost incoherently in his pre-wakened state , still holding you as his eyes remain shut . You lifted your head slightly , seeing his dark thick lashes twitch . You felt a little guilty .

"Come on ," you told him , still making effort to resist his hold . "The day won't wait for us to finish sleeping ."

"I don't give a shit ." he murmured with a little irritation , fastening you with his arms into a bear-hug like grip that wouldn't let you get up . You sighed , giving in . He pat you head tenderly in relief and you both fell back asleep .

—-

Jotaro sat up : he could hear his phone ringing in one of the other rooms .

"I'll answer that " he said , gently moving you to the other side of the bed . You looked at him , your coloured eyes opening wide as if you were a little disappointed , but nodded . He nodded back and left the room , heading into the dining room .

—-

You overhear Jotaro talking .

"Hello ?" he answered , before switching to Japanese : "Things are alright , I was just asleep ... Yes , I ate , you don't have to ask me that every time , mom .... Oh , sorry I didn't call you back like I promised , I had company ... yes , well ... okay fine , I- okay ."

Sighing , he walked with the phone in his hand back to his room . You sat up , propping your back against the pillows as Jotaro held the phone out to you .

Quietly , he muttered "it's my mother ," as you took it from him . He sat down on the edge of the bed by the end opposite the headboard and absently stared into his lap as you talked to his mother .

"Hi Mrs Kujo , how are you? "

"Please, you can call me Holly , I don't mind at all ." Holly beamed over the line , her Japanese accent underlying her American accent . "I'm very well , thank you ." Holy continued . "How are things going between you two? "

"Just fine , Holly ."

"Let me tell you something important, and don't tell him I told you this ."

"Okay , I'm listening ."

"My son called me yesterday asking for advice . I did have to press him a little before he told me he was having his girlfriend come over . He's not one to say what's in his head all the time but you can tell his intentions from watching him ." Holy explained warmly . "Deep down , Jotaro actually has a very kind heart  ."

"Don't worry , I can pretty much see where you're coming from ."

"Oh thank goodness ! Speaking of not speaking , he didn't even tell me your name . "

"My name's y/n " you told her .

"Oh nice , well , isn't that something ! I'd like to speak to him before I go , could you pass him the phone back ?"

"Sure , Holly , it was lovely speaking to you ."

"It was a pleasure talking to you too , y/n ."

You leaned over and nudged Jotaro's shoulder briefly , placing the phone in his right hand . As he sat up and continued to speak to his mom in Japanese , you got up and went into the bathroom .