13.

A little over a month later , after being picked up at the airport by an associate of Jotaro's grandfather and dropped off at the entrance of the Joestar residence in New York , Jotaro knocked on the door with you stood closely behind him .

Seconds later , the door swung open and Jojo was suddenly grabbed into a rough fervent hug , his back being slapped loud enough for concern . Though taken by surprise , Jotaro embraced his grandfather .

Joseph Joestar was smiling if not at tears with joy seeing his grandson . He was a tall man like Jotaro himself , about 195cm , having the same height and similar proportions . In face , they certainly resembled each other .

"How's it going , Jotaro ?" he asked , his hands on each shoulder of Jotaro's.

"All good , Jiji ."

"Thank goodness ," Joseph sighed . He noticed the person behind his grandson . Joseph eagerly shoved Jotaro aside , causing his grandson to stumble backwards onto the door as he held out his hand .

"I see you're Miss f/n l/n , I'm Joseph Joestar . Welcome to New York ."

"Thank you Mr Joestar ." you smiled , shaking his hand .

"Jotaro !" Joseph called . "Take the luggage upstairs , third floor at the end of the hallway . Y/n , my wife Suzie Q is in the lounge . She can't wait to see you , I'll show you to the lounge room now so follow me . You two will be staying with us for the next few weeks ."

—-

"Dear , welcome !" Suzie Q called out as she excitedly ran to you with wide open arms , closing them to hug you warmly . Her embrace was enough to move you to tears , who could just manage a "thank you" . Joseph smiled .

"Look look , let's sit down ;" Suzie suggested , taking you by the hand into the front lounge room.

"Thank you ," you nodded , drying your eyes with the corner of your sleeve as you two women sat down on a large comfortable sofa in front of a broad glass dining table . "How are you , Mrs Joestar ?" you asked .

"Good as gold , as good as gold ! And you can say Suzie , I don't mind at all !" Suzie beamed cheerfully. "Would you like anything to drink ?"

"A coffee would be great , please ."

"Alright , now don't you run off anywhere ! I'll be back ," Suzie told you , heading out of the room . In the following moments , Joseph came in .

"Jotaro's fell asleep upstairs already ," he said , sitting down in another sofa on the other side of the table . "Was the flight okay ?"

"Yeah it was fine ."

"That's good news . So ," Joseph began , resting his forearms on his knees .  "I heard your voice over the phone when I called my grandson some time ago and it took a bit of push to get him to say he had found himself a lovely girlfriend. Us Joestars really can be full of surprises sometimes ."

"Mhm ," you agreed . "You wouldn't believe his cooking ."

Joseph raised an eyebrow .

"Sorry I took my time !" Suzie interrupted , coming in with a tray that balanced one cup of coffee and two cups of tea . Faint steam rose from both , but they nevertheless smelled great. "Joseph , I put sugar in yours if that's okay , I wasn't sure ."