9.

It was another afternoon , you were at your apartment , getting ready to go out with a friend in half an hour . You leaned forward and looked at yourself in the large mirror above the sink , your hands either side of the basin as you observed your reflection. Your hair wasn't the neatest in the world but it was pretty much still in the bun you'd put it in that morning .

Pondering on what your boyfriend's mother had explained to you almost a week ago on the phone the last time you visited him , all the little things came to your attention . The way he insisted on not letting you get up and held you down until you complied . The way he bought cake at the cafe for you . The way he'd sheepishly asked you to lay down with him . The way he'd picked up on the lotion you'd used . Even when he'd freaked out over the book about vampires . You never really thought about it too much , he really does love you . You smiled , thinking about him .

You soon began fixing your hair a just bit in in front of the mirror . Your head started feeling almost empty , yet weighing down your body . Randomly , things began to look like you were seeing through a kaleidoscopic filter . The room was now wobbling . Nothing looked clear or defined , like you were in an abstract painting . You felt hot . A strange , silly feeling came over your entire body . You vision blurred and blurred .

The last thing you heard before losing consciousness was your phone ringing in the other room . As you turned to the door to go out and answer it , you saw black .

—-

He , Jotaro Kujo , got out of his car , carrying a small bag of groceries from the shop in his hand as he briskly walked up the small series of steps leading to your front door . He crouched down , lifting up your door mat to find your spare key , and entered your house .

"Y/n ." Jotaro asserted , closing the door . No answer came to him . No sound of reaction . He was becoming more uneasy at this point as the silence of him vainly waiting for any response only raised a growing concern in his mind - a feeling mildly familiar but all the same unknown .

Jojo began to steadily but purposefully pace down the hallway . Slowly , with his sweaty palm not really making physical contact , he pushed his slightly shaking hand on the already creaked open door and stepped into your bedroom .

"So , y/n isn't here asleep ..." he remarked in a loud whisper to himself . "Then ... where the fuck could she be? Why was she not answering the phone earlier ? " he questioned, now beginning to become frustrated .

He speed walked back into the hallway and entered your living room , scanning the now discomforting emptiness of the two large sofas and the space on light-grey coloured carpeting . Jotaro felt an internal pressure heave against his core . Something definitely wasn't right , he knew . Sparing not another second, he immediately checked your kitchen , leaving the groceries on the counter , and then proceeded your laundry room to meet the same result . There was no doubt in his mind at this point that something was definitely off .

There was one room he was yet to check : the bathroom . He noticed that the door was just the smallest inch open . Jojo knocked . No answer . He tried again and again no answer . He tensed his shoulders and gradually pushed down on the handle and the bathroom door eased ajar . He suddenly let go of it for a second , taking a short moment to calm his panic before pushing the door to be open fully .

There you were , your right arm resting next to your head in front of the toilet as you laid on the floor . Your other arm rested over your stomach . Your right leg was bent at the knee , almost flat on the ground like your left leg . Your chest barely moved if at all . You didn't move .