26 : Final chapter

*Referring to [your] "best friend" with 'they/their/them' pronouns because I don't know your best friend's gender . bf/n means best friend's name

---

Two weeks later , on the day you and Jotaro were to fly back to Florida , Holly hugged you warmly as you and your fiancé stood with your bags packed and ready for the get-go .

"Y/n , it was lovely meeting you in person ! You and Jotaro will be great parents when the baby arrives !" she bragged cheerfully . "I just know my first grandchild will be absolutely gorgeous ."

"Oh , Holly , I loved seeing you too !" you replied . "Thank you so much !"

"As my daughter said , it was a pleasure to have you two here ," Joseph added , joining the small assembly at his front door . "We'll see you at the wedding in three months time ."

Joseph hugged you for a final time . "Take care , y/n" .

"Thank you so much Joseph , I really appreciate everything ."

Joseph then pulled his grandson in for a more manly embrace than what he'd just given you , slapping the young Joestar on the back roughly . "Take care of yourself and [y/n] , Jotaro . Do come again sometime , there's always  more than enough space . Bring baby Jojo along too ."

"Mm" Jotaro responded , nodding .

"Ciao , my dears !" Suzie called out . She held her arms out to her grandson , who leant down to hug his old grandmother . "I'm so proud of you , Jotaro , you've grown into such a fine young man . I know you'll be an excellent father . Keep it up !"

The old woman turned to you . "Take care of yourself , my dear , and do not forget that tomato recipe I taught you . "

You beamed . "I won't forget , Mrs Joestar ."

" I see a taxi , that must be your ride to the airport from the Speedwagon people" Joseph pointed out . "Goodbye Jotaro , bye y/n ."

Holly squeezed her son tightly for a final time .

"Yare yare , stop clinging to me like a little kid" Jotaro protested , though he didn't refuse his mother's touch at all .

Holly let go , laughing . "Some things never change , do they ?"

---

3 months later

You and your *best friend were sat together at an outside café table , drinking bubbly juice from the straws in your cups .

"Y/n , I'm so happy for you" they went on , wide eyed and excitedly . "Tomorrow is the big day , dammit ! I can't wait to see your dress , O-M-G !"

Bf/n was literally your biggest fan . They had your back in everything and were almost always a phone call away if you needed them . You folded your lips into a smirk and played with an out-of-place bit of your hair shyly , taking a long sip from your straw again .

"When are you gonna find out the baby's gender ?"

"Oh , I forgot to tell you , we already have , I had an appointment last week" you informed bf/n eagerly . " We're having a girl and we're calling her Jolyne ."

"Ooh !" your friend squealed enthusiastically , putting their hands on their cheeks . "Baby Jolyne ! That's a really cute name . Who came up with it ?"

"Jotaro chose it" you said , now swirling the bottom of your straw in your cup . "He was confident that we'd have a girl ."

"Man has some next level instincts !" bf/n exclaimed , impressed .They pushed their cup aside and leant forward , cupping their hand by their mouth . "Are you marrying a man with psychic superpowers or something , y/n ?" your best friend whispered to you . " I know he's a clever guy , but predicting THAT is next level intellect . "