Chapter 7: The Journey Begins

Kris's POV.

After the battle with that kid was over and he had disappeared in the distance, Susie and I put away our weapons. Hesitantly, the two figures stepped in front of us again. "Are you two OK...?" The prince asked in worry. "Yeah, are you hurt anywhere? That was quite impressive... yet confusing." I shook my head to reassure I wasn't hurt while Susie just boredly shrugged her shoulders.

Then the girl tapped the other on the shoulder. "My Prince, I think it's time we properly introduce ourself before anything else interferes." The smaller figure seemed to get a little fidgety at that. "Oh! You're right! Um, heroes! Let us introduce ourselves. I am..." Towards the end, his voice got a little mumbley and the hood over their heads didn't do any favors. Seems like Susie noticed too because she groaned in annoyance. "Jeez, can you take off that hood? I can barely hear you under there." I gave a nod myself, also highly curious what these two looked like. "U-ummm, alright...." The two turned their head towards each other, nodded and then...

... they finally took their disguises off.

And I swear my breath hitched in my throat.

The smaller figure of the two, the 'prince of darkness', was a little goat kid with black fur, glasses and an outfit that resembled a wizard.
'I must have hit my head a little too hard back in the cave.... That boy looks exactly like Asriel when he was a kid....'

"Hello everyone. I'm Ralsei... And this is my best friend (Y/n)." I tore my stunned gaze away from the goat that strongly resembles my brother and looked towards the other figure just as she took off that dark purple cloak. And I was stunned...
'This day can't get any weirder...'

Right infront of us, stood a girl... A HUMAN girl! At least, she looks a lot like a human... But... I thought I was the only human left! The girl, I now knew was named (Y/n), had snowhite skin and it looked very smooth. It's like she was made of porcelain. Her hair wasn't much different. It being a light silver color.

(A/N: Keep in mind that this described the design you saw in the beginning. Please, don't get I upset by the choice of colors allright? These are (Y/n)'s darkener colors. Kris and Susie also had a recoloring when they came into the darkner' s world, hadn't they?)

She softly smiled and slightly bowed her head in a greeting. I had to admit. She was kind of cute. "It's ever so wonderful to meet you! I'm certain we're going to become great friends and-" Before Ralsei could continue, Susie caught him off again by being rude as always. "Best way to leave is East, right?" (Y/n) norrowed her eyes in suspicion. "That's right. And coincidentally it's exactly where we'll-" Caught off again. "Got it. See you at school Kris. Can't wait for you to do all the project." Susie chuckled before turning around and casually walking away.

"WHAT?! OH, You come back here right this instant, Susie!!!" (Y/n) shouted angrily, stomping her foot again and with that cloak finally off, I realized just hilarious she looked. 'I see, she has quite the temper.' Even with the protest, Susie once again didn't listen, just waving her off without even looking back. "Allright that's it! I'll slap some manners into her!" (Y/n) cracked her knuckles, ready to storm after Susie but before she could walk past me I put my arm out in front of her. That made her stop in her tracks and she looked at me with confusion. "Just let her go. Picking a fight with her is useless."
I advised with a calm voice. I noticed her flinch in surprise when I spoke. I also couldn't help but notice her cheeks flushing a shade of pink. 'Is she flustered? That's so cute!' The girl looked up at me, seeing as I am a bit taller than her.

After another 3 seconds she finally sighed and crossed her arms. She certainly wasn't satisfied, not being able to fight Susie but at least she accepted my judgment. "Fine... But next time she says something rude, I'll slap her into oblivion!" She pouted and I quietly chuckled. "W-Well..." We heard from behind us. "I suppose it's just the three of us, then..." Ralsei came up to us and I lowered my arm back down.

"Kris, I'm a prince, but... I, um, currently have only one subject, which is (Y/n). The two of us have been alone here... for many years, waiting for you to arrive." 'Aww, that's really sad... This place is like a ghost town and to think that these two, which are around my age, have stayed here alone for God knows how many years...'

"Is that so?" I asked and they both nodded. "Yes, it's true. Even though we kept each other company, it still got pretty lonely. That's why we're really happy to meet you. And I hope we can become good friends." (Y/n) said with a sweet smile and I looked to the ground. 'Oh (Y/n), Ralsei... I know exactly how you feel. I also felt very lonely after Asriel went to college but... I at least had mom and dad and the townsfolk that are sorta nice to me. You two were here all alone.'

Making up my mind, I gave the most sincere smile I could give, which, to be fair wasn't very big but still, that's the best effort I gave in years. "I would like that." I simply replied and big smiles spread across their faces. Then Ralsei turned to the direction Susie just walked off to. "Let's try to find Susie. She must be to the southeast."

(Y/n) gave an annoyed huff at the mention of finding Susie. Out of curiosity I turned my head towards the castle. "Uhm, Kris, I think we should catch up with Susie. But we can come back here after our adventure is over... and then we can bake you a yummy cake! I tell you, (Y/n)'s recipes are the BEST!" I glanced at the girl and raised an eyebrow in question. Her face turned red in embarrassment. "R-Ralsei! You know I'm not that good at it! Stop exaggerating it!" She covered her flushed face and I couldn't help the slight blush forming on my cheeks aswell. 'She's really adorabl-- Wait, what?! No Kris, Stop it! Don't think like that!'

Shaking my head to clear my mind of these kinds of thoughts we began walking to the same direction Susie did. As we exited the small town before the castle, I looked back at my new allies. With (Y/n) casually following me, her hand behind her back and Ralsei waddling up behind us.
'I have a feeling this is gonna be one hell of an adventure...'

~To be continued~

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°