Chapter 13: Susie joins your party

Author's POV

The three heroes continued on their journey. (Y/n) was still a little upset from her earlier thoughts about her kings but she tried to focus on the mission at hand.

"Look guys! It's like the puzzle from earlier!" Ralsei's voice rang across the small group. It was a time-based puzzle, where you had to step on the glowing platforms at the same time to pass it. They looked at each other before staring the timer and going to solve the puzzle. Everything was allright at first, but it didn't take long before 4 platforms glowed. Seeing that they were only three, it would make this puzzle impossible to solve alone. "Oh... uhm... I think we need four people for this." The prince analysed, rising a hand to his chin in thought. (Y/n) groaned in annoyance, knowing full well who they needed. Kris gave a quiet chuckle. "I guess we have to make Susie cooperate after all." The girl face-palmed. "I guess so."

"Oh lighten up everyone. If the three of us can't solve this puzzle by ourselves, then that means Susie couldn't solve it either. I'm sure she's here somewhere." Lo and behold, only a bit of a walk away stood a very irritated Susie, hammering, pulling and punching a locked door. 'Huh, I guess that's what the puzzle is for.' (Y/n) thought to herself as she couldn't help that small grin creeping on her lips when she saw the purple teenager struggling. "Ugh, open up you stupid door!" Susie shouted, ramming her body against the door once again, hoping to break it open.

(Y/n) crossed her arms with a cocky smirk. "Need some help there, Ms. 'I'll be up ahead'?~" Kris had to hold in a laugh, trying not to let the corner of his lips move upwards. Susie instantly turned around, probably not expecting someone to talk to her. When she saw the group, she face grew bored again. "Oh, great. It's you guys." Ralsei walked up a few steps towards her with a concerned and relieved expression on his face. "Susie! We were ever so worried about you!... uhm, how'd you get past those spikes before?"

Susie leaned back against the door, crossing her arms in front of her chest. "Walked through 'em." She answered him, like it was the most normal thing ever. 'Cheater...' "But this door... sucks." She continued, ramming her elbow against the door while she still leaned on it. "That's what the puzzle back there is for, you smart-ass. The door won't open until we solve it." (Y/n) pointed out. "Nice. Tell me when you solved it." 'Ugh, is she serious right now? I bet she didn't even glance at the puzzle. Let alone tried to solve it!' The girl felt her fist tighten in anger again but she tried not to snap just yet. 'Kris mentioned that she has a difficult character. I have to stay positive. For Ralsei's sake.' She thought, taking a deep breath.

Kris glanced her way, clearly noticing her frustration. The boy tapped her shoulder, getting her attention. He then proceeded to give her a look that asked: "Are you ok?" (Y/n) sighed before nodding into his direction before continuing the conversation. "Well that's a prob. We need you in order to solve it." "Yeah!" chimed Ralsei. "Sometimes, proceeding will take all four of us. Furthermore, we still need to seal the dark fountain. So if you don't accompany us, you won't make it home!"

The purple lizard was quiet for a moment. "So that means....?" (Y/n)'s grin grew back as she walked forward to be face to face with the Bully. "That means, you have to stick with us if you want to get home. Like it or not, you need us." Susie gave a loud groan, making her annoyance very clear. "UGH! What ever little girl. Let's just get this over with." (Y/n) glared at her for that nickname but Ralsei was overjoyed. "Yahoo! Susie's back on the team! Cue the fanfare!" He clapped. (Y/n) flicked her wrist and a couple of trompets appeared next to them, playing a small jingel. The last tune was blasted directly into Susie ear, making her wince a bit from the loud noise. The other three had to hold back their snickers. Susie sent a death glare in the girls direction.

She clenched her fists before turning around, clearly annoyed. As she was walking back towards the puzzle, (Y/n) couldn't help herself. She snapped her fingers again, making that same tune play again, simply just to annoy the Bully. It worked.

Susie grabbed two of the trompets, hammering them together before throwing the others at a wall. The instruments gave a weak squeek in protest. "Hey! Don't hurt my creations! They get offended very easily!" (Y/n) called angrily, walking over to the broken trompets and letting them disappear. Kris made his way over to her, bumping her shoulder playfully. "That was awesome. You've got to keep doing stuff like that to her." (Y/n) smirked. "Oh don't worry Kris. I had no plans on stopping any time soon. I told you I wouldn't go easy on her if she continues to be rude."

"Just, try not to go too overboard, alright (Y/n)?" Ralsei said carefully as we followed Susie. "Ralsei, buddy. You know how I am with rude people. If I'm going go overboard or not depends completely on Susie. If she keeps acting like a brute then I will continue to mess with her. It's all up to her at this point." The girl shrugged, glancing towards the stomping Susie upfront, already planning other ways to teach her a lesson.

The group of four managed to solve the puzzle with eas and once they did, a loud noise echoed through the area. "I think the door opened, let's check." They went back to the door just to find a small creature that looked like a red coin with legs happily minding its own business. All of a sudden, Ralsei gasped. "Oh Kris, (Y/n)! I just realized, Susie missed the training lessons earlier! Maybe we should show her how to act! I think she might really enjoy that!" The prince whispered to the two. 'I highly doubt it... But no hurt in trying...' The both teenagers thought at the same time.

They incountered with the coin creature named C. Round, it jumping in front of us, silently challenging us to a battle. Kris kept Ralsei's advice to include Susie in the Act in this mind. He had not much hope that this was going to work but he tried anyway. "Susie, flatter the enemy. It won't hurt is then." He said plain and simple. The others just defending for this round. Susie gave her classmate a look like he had just grown a second head. "... What? Why the hell would I do that? IT attacked us. Let's smash it before it moves." C. Round tilted its head in confusion, probably not understanding what we were talking about. Ralsei tried to explain. "Aww, look, Susie! It seems harmless! If you act nice, we might win without hurting it!" The goat boy desperately tried to convince her but... "... okay, okay. Hey little guy!" She called. (Y/n) glanced at her from the corner of her eye, curious on what was about to come now. "I really like the axe in your face!" Susie fletched her yellow teeth. The other three's eyes widened but before they could interfere, Susie had already swing the axe. C. Round took really great damage and was launched away by the force. "Where'd you get it?" Susie finished, smirking, very proud of herself.

They all stared at her. Kris had a blank look on his face, already having an idea something like this would happen. Ralsei looked at her sadness and worry. He hoped that the bully would cooperate. (Y/n) had nothing but disbelief on her face, her hands covering her mouth in shock. When she took her hands away, her expression turned into a more angry one. "You! Why did you do that!? It did nothing to hurt us! That was so unnecessary!" She yelled at the other girl, grinding her teeth. "Oh relax, little girl. It's not a big deal. It probably already forgot about it. And besides, why would I care if it's hurt or not. It's not my problem. It desided to stand in my way, it just got what it deserved."

(Y/n) could have cried, hearing Susie talk about the citizens of the dark Kingdom like that. None of these people were at fault. It's all the spade kings doing. Hearing Susie talk so lowly about her people made her so angry she wanted to punsh something, preferably Susie's face. 'Ugh! I hope you're right about Susie Ralsei and that she will come around soon enough. Because I have no idea how much of this redicilous behavior I can tolerate.'

~To be continued~

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°