Chapter 37: A bit of flirting

Kris's POV

We went up the stairs to the next floor and were immediately greeted by Head Hathy's, as doll called them. Basically they were like the Hathy's we met outside the castle, just blue and they appeared to be quiet and emotionless. 'Yeah, yeah, just like me. I get it guys. No need to go to the comments... - _-'

I pondered a bit on what to do until I thought that maybe a bit of flirting would do it. I glanced towards Susie, mentally snickering. 'She's probably going to kick my butt for even suggesting this but....' I lifted my finger, pointing towards the three Hathy's, who were waiting for our next move, waringly. With confidence, I called out. "Susie, flirt with the enemy." I could immediately hear the adorable snorting sound coming from (Y/n) as she did her best to keep from laughing out loud, making me smile in pride.

Susie stayed quiet for a moment, staring at me to see if I had completely gone insane. "Annnnnnnnnd hell no." She simply stated. Ralsei, thinking that she might need help, gave a a reassuring look. "Aww, Susie, it's ok if you don't know how!" He said with a sweet voice, irritating Susie a little. "What? Shut up, that's not the problem! And stop laughing, girly!" She shouted defensively, (Y/n) still laughing her cute little butt off. "... Are you sure?" Ralsei asked with doubt.

(Y/n) caught herself and flicked away a tear that had manifested in her eye. "Yeah Susie, you sure? You don't seem to be the type to be smooth.~ I doubt you know how to flirt.~" I could see the tick mark on Susie head at this point. "Alright, look! I'll show you! Watch this!" Susie announced before taking a step towards the Hathy's, who eyed her suspiciously. She cleared her throat, stammering with her words as she came up with something to say. "So, uh... Come here... often?" The Hathy's all stared at her bewildered, one of them clearly being uncomfortable as he awkwardly backs up from the situation, running around a corner and out of sight. The two other Hathy's left looked they want to follow him but stayed regardless, for now at least. Susie got mad at the Hathy leaving. "HEY, GET BACK HERE AND LET ME FLIRT WITH YOU!!!"

I face-palmed. "That was... agonizing..." Doll put her hand around her mouth and shouted. "LAAAAME!!!" Ralsei sweat dropped, but gave her an awkward thumbs up. "G-Good effort, Susie!"

Susie snapped her head to us. "Ugh, SHUT UP! You do it then, if you're such experts!!! I don't think I was too bad!" I couldn't help but give a low chuckle. "With pleasure.~" I cockily cood. Then I cleared by throat and started my little lesson.

"Well Susie, you're first mistake was to go for the cheesiest, most unoriginal pick-up-line out there. A flirty complement has to be genuine, find something that sticks out to you. Be confident, but polite." I explained calmly, swiftly turning towards (Y/n), making her stiffen at the sudden eye-contact. Confidently, I make my way over to her. She took a few steps back but froze when I was in front of her. Her face went an obvious shade of pink, as she studied my features. Her nervous expression made me smile.

"Body language is also a big part of it. If you get the feeling that the person you're flirting with is uncomfortable, you should stop, like immediately. It's all about respect too. One way to see if the person is feeling uncomfortable is to lay a gentle hand on their hand, shoulder or even cheek and see how they react..." I continued, slightly trailing off towards the end, not breaking eye-contact with the beauty in front of me. I raised my hand and cupped her cheek with it gently, so that she would be able to pull away if she wanted to. She didn't give any sign of wanting to pull away, so I brushed my thumb over her cheek. I could feel her shudder and nuzzling into my hand slightly. That action made a ton of butterflies immediately swarm my stomach. We were so close that I could hear her heart faintly beating inside her chest, as she became pudding in my hands.

At this point, I had almost completely forgotten about the battle. Hell, I forgot that there were even other people there. My heart was also racing in my chest, just like hers. I leaned down towards her ear, whispering into it. "You are beautiful, love... absolutely breathtaking... you have no idea what you do to me..." I said to her in mild frustration. My words made her shudder and if I had to guess, I'm sure that her legs were going to give out and she was about to collapse. "Kris... I... Y-You can't just.... Ugh, I can't breathe...." She mumbled, sounding slightly out of breath. "Don't go fainting on me, love.~" I teased.