Chapter 18: Choosing A Team Name

Author's note:
Oh my f*cking God, guys! I had to rewrite almost this entire chapter because my phone decided be a jerk and deleted all of it!!!! You can't even begin to imagine the frustration I felt!! I was so pissed!!! And I still am!!!
(>д<)
So I'm sorry if some parts of this feel rushed. The chapter I had before it got deleted was better, I swear.
(ง •̀_•́)ง

Anyway, I hopefully managed.
I hope you guys enjoy.

(Y/n)'s POV.

'AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I'M STILL FLUSTERED!!! I still can't believe we almost kissed!!' I vented and scolded myself in my head. 'How could I let this happen!? Why do I keep letting my guard down for this... this... bastard!!!?? UGH!!!'

We had continued on our way but I still couldn't manage my burning cheeks to disappear or convince my racing heart to chill out. Without me wanting to, my mind went back to that moment, which happened only a few minutes ago.

His arms around me.....
My arms around him.....
His fast heartbeat beneath my touch....
His warm breath brushing against my lips....
And his eyes, holy stars his eyes....

I had already suspected that he had red eyes but once they pierced into my very soul, it was all over for me, I could have passed out. His eyes were a deep crimson color, calm and reassuring but they held a firey passion within them that I doupt even Kris knew he had. With his gaze on me I felt so week, yet strong at the same time. I felt like I could do anything but with him... In his presence... I feel as helpless as a helpless doll. As if I was completely at his mercy and his mercy only.

I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts from that scene, not that it did much. I glanced in Kris's direction. He looked anywhere but at me with a bright pink color on his cheeks, aswell. 'I guess it did make him flustered too... But who wouldn't be?...'

Luckily, my racing brain was interupted as we ran into Lancer, who had his back facing us. 'Thank God, hopefully this will destract me.'

"Ha ha ha... So you've begun to cross the great board... The halfway point to our castle. Hmmm... impressive." He began, trying to make his voice as treathening as it could be, which to be fair, isn't much. "So, it's a shame... You won't make it a step further!!!" He exclaimed, turning around to face us. "'Cause my guys are about to smash you into blood! Lots of blood! Splooshing blood! Very gross and bad!" He imitates Susie's laugh from earlier as he pulled out a blue bucket from behind him.

We just looked at him. It was silent for a few seconds before Lancer turned to Susie. "Hey, purple girl, was that scarier?" He asked and Susie was taken aback, not prepared for someone to ask about her opinion. "Why are you asking me?!" She asked/yelled in disbelief. 'Oh no, don't tell me that Lancer is taking Susie as an example....' I groaned in my head. Lancer's grin grew and he pointed his finger at the monster. "Because, you're really cool at being terrifying! I wanna be as scary as you!" He chimed. Susie walked up to him, that confused look still on her face. "You... want to be like ME?" She asked him. 'Wow, I've never seen her so perplexed...' Lancer looked up at Susie with pure admiration before jumping in excitement. "Yeah!!!"

Susie turned to the side. "Well, that's stupid." She said harshly but I noticed an ever so small smile creeping onto her face as she tried to stop it from happening. 'Awww, does Susie like that Lancer is admiring her? Note to self, tease her about it as soon and as often as possible.'  "But, uhm, the new laugh isn't awful. And saying you'd turn us into blood is, uh, cool." She admitted. Lancer beamed at her compliment.