Chapter 19: Switching Teams

Ralsei's POV

After choosing a group name, we went on ahead and met two darkners that once again told us how much of a tirant their king was. I had noticed
(Y/n)'s fist clenching in anger but she tried to hide it with a sigh. I've never met the king of spades in person. I've only heard of him through (Y/n) and the people we encountered on our journey so far. 'From their perspective, he seems like an awful person but... is it really true? His son seems nice enough, even though he's quite a handful.'

Speaking of which, we ran into Lancer once more, with his back facing us. "Hohoho... Well step on my boots. If it's isn't the fun gang! You boys and girls better turn back while you can." He tried to intimate us, not being very successful. "Lancer!!! What is it this time!?" I asked, a tiny bit tired of this routine of him trying to be scary, failing, running away and try again. 'Gotta admire his obstinacy though.'

"Hohoho... I'm simply warning you...! Something EXTREMELY dangerous is lying ahead." Lancer exclaimed, swiftly turning around to us before continuing. "Hohoho! It's actually really inconvenient!" He took another step forward. "Ha! I can't go home at all because I'm so scared!" Another step as he grinned mischievously. That seemed to have made Susie sort of nervous. "Wh... What is it?!" She asked.

Lancer grinned and stood aside, holding his arm out. "See for yourself!" We all looked at each other before we walked passed Lancer only to be face to face with C. Round. I started smiling. "Oh, hey little guy..." I waved and we relaxed. "It's good to see you're alright C. Round. Did Susie hit you badly?" (Y/n) asked with concern, leaning down with her hands on her knees to examine it for injuries. C. Round shook its head, eh... or more like shook its whole coin face side to side, carelessly smiling up at her.

"That??? That's what you're afraid of???" Susie asked Lancer in disbelief. Lancer's face lit up. "W... Wow, purple girl! You aren't scared!?" Susie huffed a chuckle. "Heh, why would I be? What's it gonna do?" She asked, pointing a thumb in C. Rounds direction. C. Round tilted its head to the side. "Hmm, well, normally..." Before Lancer got to finish his sentence, C. Round spun around and happily parated to end end of the checkered floor. Once it stepped on the tiles, they glowed and a small crown fell from out of nowhere, landing directly on top of its head. As soon as it did, C. Round grew in size and its legs getting more muscle. Then, C. Round turned to us with a loud stomp, startling all of us. "It crushes people to death, I think." Lancer finished his sentence.

When he regained his balance, Kris turned his head to (Y/n). "Uhm, doll? Did you know it could do that...?"

"No... this is new..." She slowly answered, staring at C. Round in pure surprise. "Hehe, okay, no biggy. We got this!" I tried to lighten the mood with encouragement, chuckling nervously.

C. Round who was now K. Round pulled us into battle as it stomped in place. "Okay, how do we handle this, anyone got ideas?" Kris asked. Susie opened her mouth to answer but was harshly interupted by (Y/n). "No Susie, we're not going to fight it!" She warned and Susie huffed. "The crown on its head made it this big, maybe if we get it off..." I suggested. "And how the hell are we supposed to do that?! Huh!?" Susie yelled, readying her axe.

Suddenly, (Y/n) gasped. "Bow to it!" We gave her a questioning look. "The crown of the king of diamonds would always fall off his head when he bowed because it was to big for him. I used to snicker my little butt of  whenever it happened because he alwas became so embarrassed while fumbling to get his crown back on." She laughed at the memories and I couldn't help but snicker too. '(Y/n) has never talked about her childhood that much. I'm glad she's opening up about that.' I also noticed Kris glancing at (Y/n) with a soft look on his face. 'Seems like I'm not the only one who thinks so....'